Lentil soup and rye bread for me tonight then
What! no Pork pie?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 16:48   #146474
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

[QUOTE=Dallas;2736198]Dito Cakes, pies, biscuits and chocolate was my downfall Ian. I've not eaten chocolate now for over four years, not even a nibble. We still have these foods in the house as Tracey and the girls still enjoy indulging from time to time, but I myself can now leave all the naughty stuff alone.

You will find all that lovely naughty food you once ate Ian, the craving soon goes after about 12 months, you no longer look at it in the same way. You soon become accustom to the dangers and proportions you once were used too, you find yourself doing a complete u-turn.

Once your learn to maintain your ideal weight, everything falls into place and the daily relationship you have with food becomes a much easier and healthy one.

Well done to you and Jan, I cant wait to see the new you[QUOTE]
It has been my downfall for years Wes, I could demolish a 250g bar of dairy milk in one go at one time, but a few months back, I noticed I was getting a gut, so cut out chocolate during the week, only having it at weekends. I don't drink much anyway, a bottle of ale Friday Saturday and Sunday night does me, if I go to the pub with friends, which is rare, 3/4 pints and I'm full, physically couldn't drink any more. Only ever have salt on chips, but just a dash. We never cook in salt at all, its always been the sweet stuff with me.
I will allow myself a treat now and then once the sugar level is down to where it should be. I know some of you will be thinking" yeah right,then it all starts again", but no, this has been a wake up call.Healthy food and more exercise from now on. I have weaned myself off the amount of sugar I have in coffee,for years it was 2, but now its too much, for about 2 years now I have been on 1. Same with carbonated drinks, normal coke and pop is too sickly sweet, so have been on diet stuff for a long time too.

Last edited by RPWC; 26th May 2019 at 16:51..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 17:02   #146475
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
What! no Pork pie?
Saving those for the Ploughman's
Old 26th May 2019, 18:05   #146476
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Evening all, after all the rain through the night and this morning, the afternoon turned out nice. Very breezy and not that hot, but still pleasant, just come back from 40 minute brisk walk around the roads surrounding the caravan site
Old 26th May 2019, 18:23   #146477
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
It has been my downfall for years Wes, I could demolish a 250g bar of dairy milk in one go at one time, but a few months back, I noticed I was getting a gut, so cut out chocolate during the week, only having it at weekends. I don't drink much anyway, a bottle of ale Friday Saturday and Sunday night does me, if I go to the pub with friends, which is rare, 3/4 pints and I'm full, physically couldn't drink any more. Only ever have salt on chips, but just a dash. We never cook in salt at all, its always been the sweet stuff with me.
I will allow myself a treat now and then once the sugar level is down to where it should be. I know some of you will be thinking" yeah right,then it all starts again", but no, this has been a wake up call.Healthy food and more exercise from now on. I have weaned myself off the amount of sugar I have in coffee,for years it was 2, but now its too much, for about 2 years now I have been on 1. Same with carbonated drinks, normal coke and pop is too sickly sweet, so have been on diet stuff for a long time too.
Totally agree Rich, the sugary foods and drinks are the worst, the problem I found myself doing was eating a whole large bar in one go just like you, I could never just snap off a few squares and leave the rest. It was the same with biscuits, I could never just eat one or two, I had to eat the whole blooming pack. So with all the snacking I was doing, plus the large portions of fatty foods Tracey would serve up for me, you could see I was lining myself up for some serious health problems.

Just like you Rich, I no longer drink alcohol at home any more, just an odd one down the pub once in awhile and on special occasions. As the saying goes, ''its a funny old game'' I was once able to get away with all this some years ago, but it soon catches up with you and slaps you in the face doesn't it?

There is one thing I do treat myself to though, and that is 'lemon cheesecake' simply the best thing ever that and a roast dinner with Yorkshire pud.

Last edited by Dallas; 26th May 2019 at 18:26..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 18:38   #146478
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Same with us Wes, we would have a big dinner, followed by a pudding, then open a family sized bar of dairy milk and finis the lot!

This would be most nights, its far too easy to pile on the pounds.
Old 26th May 2019, 18:45   #146479
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Dito

Blooming heck Phil, hope you are ok, are you over the worst now?
Evening Wes, thank you for your concerns. I certainly hope so I take each day as it comes and try not to take life too seriously. By the way, are you going ahead with that special injection for the testicular pain? Today, I had 3 bags of frozen peas on top of the head to numb the shingles pain and it did help. Have you tried the bags of frozen peas on your testicles? ....... apologies to the ladies following the lounge.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 19:09   #146480
bluebird
Passed Away

Trophy Blue ZT T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Evening Wes, thank you for your concerns. I certainly hope so I take each day as it comes and try not to take life too seriously. By the way, are you going ahead with that special injection for the testicular pain? Today, I had 3 bags of frozen peas on top of the head to numb the shingles pain and it did help. Have you tried the bags of frozen peas on your testicles? ....... apologies to the ladies following the lounge.

I get the meat and one veg whats the other one to make up "meat n two veg" ?