Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2019, 13:39   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default moving from dream home

We live in the house my wife dreamed of living in as a child and have spent more doing it up then it was worth when we got it. In fact the purchase price of our first 2 houses plus the upgrades all combined are less then we have spent doing this one up

Next year my wife wants to move, some my have an understanding of why but that's not for this thread.

For the same money in a different part of the country, we can get something more akin to my dream home, big garden and views. Even with the garden and views I don't want to move but will for her. The criteria will be strict, we will learn from the homes we have had.

Anyway, ebay is being hit hard, if it's not nailed down its going on ebay.
Tax man may think we are dealers with the number of items.

The amount of stuff you buy and end up putting in the cupboard or loft is amazing and the stuff you buy and want to move with, is even more scary. Added to that there is the I'll keep just in case items

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 13:59   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I’ve got lots of those, “I keep it as it may come in handy at some point” items.

When I moved from Essex to Cornwall last year I rid of a lot of rubbish to the tip, and again when I recently moved home. I still have lots of, “that will be of some use in the future” items.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 15:02   #3
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

We've moved loads, I've had 4 different address in the last 10 years, if nothing it gives you a chance to have a clear out!

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 19:40   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

As one gets older, it becomes harder to move and to make new friends. We moved last November from London to Bristol and have no regrets. In the new home, I can actually see the countryside from the kitchen window, something I wasn't able to do in London.

Your dream home includes views and a big garden. We have a large garden here in Nairobi which takes a lot of input and sometimes we get help with the garden, cutting the grass, digging and so on. One consideration is downsizing. The advantage with a smaller garden is it's less maintenance. Having said that, gardening is a very pleasurable past time and it is relaxing.

I hope your dream home comes off and you will both be very happy.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 21:05   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
As one gets older, it becomes harder to move and to make new friends. We moved last November from London to Bristol and have no regrets. In the new home, I can actually see the countryside from the kitchen window, something I wasn't able to do in London.

Your dream home includes views and a big garden. We have a large garden here in Nairobi which takes a lot of input and sometimes we get help with the garden, cutting the grass, digging and so on. One consideration is downsizing. The advantage with a smaller garden is it's less maintenance. Having said that, gardening is a very pleasurable past time and it is relaxing.

I hope your dream home comes off and you will both be very happy.
Gate keeper you have confused me. "We moved last November from London to Bristol" and "We have a large garden here in Nairobi "

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 01:46   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Gate keeper you have confused me. "We moved last November from London to Bristol" and "We have a large garden here in Nairobi "

macafee2
We have several homes in Africa and in the UK. It’s quite simple really.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote