Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th May 2019, 15:15   #11
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
We'll of course you could sell it, or you can give Brian your phone number and he will sort it for you.

I know what I would choose, and it doesn't involve an advert.
Couldn’t agree more mate
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 15:33   #12
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

I don't know what you are waiting for,,,,If I had had an offer like that from BrianI would on the first ferry over and straight up North..to get it sorted. Brian has even offered to come to you..

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 16:15   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Take Brian’s offer, and you’ll not look back on the ownership of these lovely cars.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 16:23   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightRovery View Post
Whey the AA are here. will start with easy start but soon dies. He cant hear fuel pump running but neither could past AA gadgy. *Sigh* gonna be for sale soon i reckon.
Most people including garages and AA-types just don't have a clue about these cars, they put a generic code reader on and then get answers which are nonsense, and they just tell you 'they all do that'.
My advice is to take Brian's very generous offer of help, he knows what he is doing, and you will not find a better helping hand, the Rover 75 is a remarkable car, very reliable and has a real following, it is cheap to buy, but not cheap to run, all the 'problem' areas have been successfully addressed, by many of the people on this very forum, and don't let anyone tell you its a Rover they all do that. Please bear in mind you are buying into a car which is on average nearing 18+ years, show me another marque with cars of this age of this quality, looked after it is well capable of longevity and the diesel variants easily do 300K+ miles, don't loose sight of that.!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 16:52   #15
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

I can only repeat what others have said in relation to taking Brian's generous offer....You will not find anyone better in finding your problem and he is usually able to sort it, and he is relatively local to you. Even if you then choose to sell your car, surely it is better selling proposition starting and running properly than not?

I think we all wish Brian lived nearer to us!
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 17:10   #16
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Most people including garages and AA-types just don't have a clue about these cars, they put a generic code reader on and then get answers which are nonsense, and they just tell you 'they all do that'.
My advice is to take Brian's very generous offer of help, he knows what he is doing, and you will not find a better helping hand, the Rover 75 is a remarkable car, very reliable and has a real following, it is cheap to buy, but not cheap to run, all the 'problem' areas have been successfully addressed, by many of the people on this very forum, and don't let anyone tell you its a Rover they all do that. Please bear in mind you are buying into a car which is on average nearing 18+ years, show me another marque with cars of this age of this quality, looked after it is well capable of longevity and the diesel variants easily do 300K+ miles, don't loose sight of that.!
Here here !! Brian is an absolute master with our cars. Top man !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 17:23   #17
DaylightRovery
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

I'm out of my tantrum with the car. I shall take brian up on his generous offer with payment in beer (if such currency is still accepted). also whats an ECM?

garage are taking a look monday and if they get it going then i'de graciously accept any help I can get.

Sorry if I come across as churlish, had a medical at half 4 for my HGV licence and the car picked it's moment!

onwards and upwards.
DaylightRovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 17:26   #18
DaylightRovery
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
You're quite right, the car is brilliant,has literally everything. A black variant has just turned up in my street n' all so the universe is speaking to me. shall persevere with her. However the missus is now gunning for it...hmmmm
DaylightRovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 17:32   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightRovery View Post
I'm out of my tantrum with the car. I shall take brian up on his generous offer with payment in beer (if such currency is still accepted). also whats an ECM?

garage are taking a look monday and if they get it going then i'de graciously accept any help I can get.

Sorry if I come across as churlish, had a medical at half 4 for my HGV licence and the car picked it's moment!

onwards and upwards.
from Google
engine control module (ECM), also commonly referred to as the engine control unit (ECU) or powertrain control module (PCM), is one of the most important components found on virtually all modern vehicles.

It's the brains of a car

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 17:34   #20
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Hi
You're already in the technical section. Go to the menu and there are a couple of stickys about plenums. That's where I found the info when I first started There are also vidoes on youtube that show you how to go on

EDIT - the plenum chamber is also where your pollen/cabin filter is. Check that that's not thick with black gunk while you're at it.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s

Last edited by madeupname; 30th May 2019 at 17:38..
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote