Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th January 2019, 08:18   #11
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
I sell used tools .Ask Tom what he needs .If I have got anything that would help him I will let him have them F.O.C and will run them over to Ilkeston for him one evening .
What a truly kind and selfless offer, that's the kind of person we need more of, .

I suspect our travelling friends in Transit vans may know the whereabouts of the nicked tools, thieving c@#ts!!!!!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 09:39   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
I sell used tools .Ask Tom what he needs .If I have got anything that would help him I will let him have them F.O.C and will run them over to Ilkeston for him one evening .

A lovely gesture Howard.
Old 20th January 2019, 09:50   #13
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Rant time.....

This sort of thing makes me really angry.

We have a decent, hard working bloke doing a good job for a sensible price and some level of scum think it's OK to pop along to his place and relieve him of the tools he needs for his livelihood.

Sometimes I wonder if some other countries where they chop off arms etc. for stealing have got it right?

Doubtless these thieves are poor unfortunates who society has denied them opportunities to do well for themselves and it's someone else's fault that they've gone bad.......

I'd happily take them off the streets, put them into a secure establishment 24/7 where they can "work" at, say, the minimum wage, to pay off the cost of the investigation/forensics/Police time/court time etc. and then pay off the cost of all the replacement tools and lost business and then pay board and lodge for the establishment they have been placed in and when that's all paid for - obviously at absolutely zero cost to the public purse - then they can start the punishment for the crime they've committed.

If it takes decades to "pay off" the costs then so be it. And while they are paying off the costs they are securely kept away from temptation....... And because there's zero cost to the public purse there's no "resourcing" issues or "we can't afford to do these tests/checks etc." 'cus the guilty shall be picking up the bill.

Oh, and I'm not interested if that makes their family destitute..... What about the families they steal from????

Choice & consequences......

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 20th January 2019 at 10:05..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 09:58   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Rant time.....

This sort of thing makes me really angry.

We have a decent, hard working bloke doing a good job for a sensible price and some level of scum think it's OK to pop along to his place and relieve him of the tools he needs for his livelihood.

Sometimes I wonder if some other countries where they chop off arms etc. for stealing have got it right?

Doubtless these thieves are poor unfortunates who society has denied them opportunities to do well for themselves and it's someone else's fault that they've gone bad.......

I'd happily take them off the streets, put them into a secure establishment 24/7 where they can "work" at, say, the minimum wage, to pay off the cost of the investigation/forensics/Police time/court time etc. and then pay off the cost of all the replacement tools and lost business and then pay board and lodge for the establishment they have been placed in and when that's all paid for - obviously at absolutely zero cost to the public purse - then they can start the punishment for the crime they've committed.

If it takes decades to "pay off" the costs then so be it. And while they are paying off the costs they are securely kept away from temptation....... And because there's zero cost to the public purse there's no "resourcing" issues or "we can't afford to do these tests/checks etc." 'cus the guilty shall be picking up the bill.

Choice & consequence......

Andy.

Realistically, my proposed solution to such problems and the general problem of breaking laws is the only one that is viable from a cost and convenience perspective. Termination at the point of the offence being committed.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 10:33   #15
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
A lovely gesture Howard.
I will always try and help anyone who has been cheated in any way .However some people see it as a negative side of me .ANYONE who needs help and if I can give it.I will do .
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 10:50   #16
bobb12005
Avid contributor

rover75

not only has he lost out on tools and work after claiming off his insurence when he comes to renew his insurance they will hit him again.
bobb12005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 11:05   #17
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I just spoke to Tom again to pass on your good wishes etc and he says they are not even sure yet what has been taken as the thieves have also ransacked his workshop. He says its a real mess.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 11:29   #18
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I just spoke to Tom again to pass on your good wishes etc and he says they are not even sure yet what has been taken as the thieves have also ransacked his workshop. He says its a real mess.
You should persuade him to join the club so we can help him out where possible, as well as keeping him supplied with a steady stream of work.

I have been looking for welders local to me but nobody wants to assure me they can do work to the quality that is shown in the threads about Tom.

Its a bit inconvenient arranging a job like that from far away, but it is a job that has to be done right.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 12:45   #19
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

And if he could make replacement panels for the rear sills I’m sure there would be a market. I’ve done the sills on one of my cars and it took endless metal bashing to perfect, and endless trips into / out of my pit each time I had to adjust angles. It’s not until you try fabricating yourself that you appreciate what looks like a nice flat surface under is far from it. A group buy perhaps or something for his website.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 15:35   #20
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
And if he could make replacement panels for the rear sills I’m sure there would be a market. I’ve done the sills on one of my cars and it took endless metal bashing to perfect, and endless trips into / out of my pit each time I had to adjust angles. It’s not until you try fabricating yourself that you appreciate what looks like a nice flat surface under is far from it. A group buy perhaps or something for his website.

Regards
Have you seen these ?
http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/easypart...rover+75+sill&