Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th April 2018, 15:59   #121
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Default excellent -credit where it is due

My Navall Comet is certainly something. Mine is working fine and truly I'm pleased to bits with it. The latest I GO which is included, is extremely good - I'm experiencing only one minus factor which is, when one is ringing you, the alarm (incoming call) is extremely loud but for the low number of calls I receive, I can live with it.
Again, I'm thrilled with it and long may it last.
John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 13:10   #122
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Default incoming phone calls

Still thrilled to bits with the Comet but have now lost 'in coming' phone calls linked to my mobile - unit does not recognize such. Any advice would be helpful. Still enjoying the unit
cheers
John
Old 21st May 2018, 09:23   #123
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Default DD Unit now working

Found reason for no contact: Read such a lot about Bluetooth not functioning and didn't bother to check elsewhere. It turns out that my reception on my mobile phone was not switched to receive. Must have tampered with it somehow or maybe my little grandchildren were messing about - who knows? Anyway, all is now good except the actual call sign is somewhat loud.
cheers
John
Old 21st May 2018, 09:54   #124
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Still enjoying my Comet after 9 months. It isn't perfect (show me an Android head unit that is), but compared with the old Navall WinCE and Navall 3 units I had, it's a vast improvement. A few niggles here and there, but no showstoppers and I'm delighted with the purchase. The sound quality is a big improvement and I no longer feel the need to upgrade the speakers. RDS on FM is great, the native MP3 player and the ability to install and use Waze for satnav is a real bonus.

The main niggle for me is the intermittent Bluetooth connectivity. It either works from the start or it doesn't. No amount of fiddling with my phone helps... it's clearly the headunit with the fault.

However, I usually just find that a full reboot of the headunit (takes maybe 30-60 seconds) is sufficient to get it to connect.
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2018, 07:59   #125
clouddog

Rover 75

Kinda strange there is so little to tell about the Comet in this thread. I must say I don't follow car audio threads a lot so maybe there is a newer better model.

I still have a lot of issues with my Comet.

but let me start with a positive note:
Bluetooth does work fine on mine
Wifi works amazing (speed sucks but to connect is great. was different on my previous model)

What doesn't work:
Radio. doesn't work at all. Keeps dropping away if you can find a radiostation. Sucks big time. I have to listen radio on wifi (connection with my phone).

Play spotify on your phone and connect that to the radio with bluetooth. something you can do these day on every modern radio. worked flawlessly on my previous navall model. Now i cannot find how to do it. When the phone is connected to the radio with bleutooth and i play music on my phone i do not hear it through the phone but alos not on the radio.

Spotify and radio.et net (both apps) take ages to start. once they start they work.

Internet is incredibly slow. (I have quick 4G on my iphone)

The mirror option (see your phone on your radio) does not work at all. Did somebody got this working? I have an iphone 8.

Netflix and youtube give me black screen. I had this also with my previous navall but i got it working =in the end. Now not usable. (want it to use when i'm waiting in the car)

Are there any updates of the operating system?

Hope you guys can help cause otherwise i have to look for a different solution and this was just throwing money away.
clouddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2018, 16:34   #126
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Well... you basically have two options to enjoy multimedia in your car:

1 - Ditch the Comet and buy something to replace it (bit expensive and a gamble unless you go for a premium (Chinese) unit )
2 - Get in touch with Sean. He still operates a webshop I believe he might be able to provide you with the firmware of the unit. In my experience (NavAll 1) flashing the firmware does sometimes fix some of the problems.

That said I must admit that after some 5 years I am going to part with my NavAll 1. I ordered and Xtrons PA7746BP from Jubbarelly this weekend to replace it. I expect I will have a unit then that does the basics without flaw.

HTH

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 06:38   #127
clouddog

Rover 75

Thanks Sjonnie for your reply.

I bought the unit from Sean. Good guy. He also tests the units before you buy them. (saves you a chinese DOA)

But he didn't really had an answer for these issues.

What are non chinese options? I do have the special audioset in my car (hi line? ) that was on the 100year edition. Apparently it doesn't go well with all audio systems.

Last edited by clouddog; 1st November 2018 at 06:41..
clouddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 08:03   #128
blaggard
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connoisseur se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
Well... you basically have two options to enjoy multimedia in your car:

1 - Ditch the Comet and buy something to replace it (bit expensive and a gamble unless you go for a premium (Chinese) unit )
2 - Get in touch with Sean. He still operates a webshop I believe he might be able to provide you with the firmware of the unit. In my experience (NavAll 1) flashing the firmware does sometimes fix some of the problems.

That said I must admit that after some 5 years I am going to part with my NavAll 1. I ordered and Xtrons PA7746BP from Jubbarelly this weekend to replace it. I expect I will have a unit then that does the basics without flaw.

HTH
That XTRONS Unit is a cracker!!! good choice.
blaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 11:54   #129
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Holy thread resurrection batman! - Of all the thread locking taking place recently how come this one is still open??????????????

: shrug:

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 15:42   #130
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Probably for people who are foolish or lucky enough to have one that does anything it's supposed to properly
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote