Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st September 2018, 10:08   #1
venturer

MG ZT

Default Install Navall comet

Hi All. I am thinking of getting the Navall Comet Quadcore head unit 2GB Ram 16GB ROM for MG ZT as my highline radio packed up. been looking at the Chinese extrons units and Seems I need an extension cable to run from the trunk (existing radio) to the head unit. I cant see any mention or it listed in accessories on the web for the Naval comet unit so is it still required to install that?
Hoping for answers
Thanks
venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 22:04   #2
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

I have a Navall Comet (ex Sean) since February 18 and it works extremely well. Radio is reasonable/just acceptable. I've just used the existing Ariel which works from the rear screen (existing radio Ariel on a saloon.)
cheers
John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 12:39   #3
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

If your radio unit is in the boot well than you need an extension cable for the areal and most probably an adapter to connect it to the Comet. You can get them at any car accessory store (like Halfords?).

I have a NavAll 1 and that extension cable was basically all I needed to get it installed. I had a highline unit with GPS and TV in the boot well of my Tourer but the ISO connectors were behind the center console.

HTH

Edit: have a look here: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=286792. May help finding the areal

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer

Last edited by Sjonnie; 24th September 2018 at 12:42..
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 13:40   #4
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturer View Post
Hi All. I am thinking of getting the Navall Comet Quadcore head unit 2GB Ram 16GB ROM for MG ZTs

You can get a lot better for less. When you see someone saying it works extremely well then says the radio is reasonable/barely acceptable you know its time to look elsewhere.

Mine was rubbish when it arrived, rubbish when it was installed and rubbish when it was thrown away.

A core function of any stereo is the radio. It's like having a boat that doesn't float.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 08:42   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Having just had fitted an XTRONS unit I can say that the the built in DAB radio and FM works very well.I currently have a glass mount aeriel but may fit a sharks fin to give optimum reception.The new unit replaced one of Sean's very early DD WinCE units.The radio reception on that was truely awful from day one.I would say whatever you choose, DAB is the way to go.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 27th September 2018 at 08:53..
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 22:09   #6
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Default Naval Comet

Yes, I was giving a balanced view of my experience and frankly, the Comet is: Sat Nav - excellent, since February have traveled up to 10k miles over Europe and Ireland (both north and south) which has and is serving me well. Radio acceptable but I'l like to improve the reception quality. All other functions work as one would expect. Overall, I'm well pleased.

John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote