Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th August 2018, 16:00   #1
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Default [Solved] Highline system power off doesn't work-After replacing with NavAll the same

Hi gents,

I have a ZT-T (MK2 - MY05) equipped with Highline including TV (I think). The Highline unit has refused to power down unless I removed the key from the ignition. I thought the unit was faulty and give it no second thought because I wanted to replace it with my NavAll 1 anyway.

But here is the thing: the NavAll 1 also does not want to shut down unless I remove the key from the ignition. So it seems there is a problem with the wiring.

I have been looking at the wiring harness and can only find one discrepancy: the red/slate (or maybe red/green) wire has been cut. I have been searching this forum and it seems that wire is used for telephone mute. Hardly cause for the unit not to power down.

I checked the MG ZT/MG ZT-T Electrical Circuit Diagrams (4th Edition English Export) to find the source of the problem. Unfortunately I didn't; maybe because of the zillion changes in the specs of the cars.

I took some photos of the wiring and hope you can help me identify the problem.

Note that I use Postimage as a hosting service and they serve you with ads. Hope your ad-blocker is working well

Any tips of diagrams showing the correct wiring is greatly appreciated!

Greetz,

Jan

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer

Last edited by Sjonnie; 11th August 2018 at 16:09..
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 16:14   #2
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Default Solved - Don't ask me how though

Hi Gents,

The problem seems to be resolved automagically.

I tested the Android unit with the CD changer of the Highline installed and without an aerial connection. Today I removed the CD changer and placed an extension lead from the antenna in the back to the front of the car. I hooked up the NavAll1 and lo and behold... the unit would power down using the knob on the left.

Don't know what made it decide to power down with a press of the button but it does. So happy camper over here

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote