Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th March 2018, 21:59   #111
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Default Comet incoming phone calls

Everything is now working, with only one issue requiring adjustment.
That is, the announcement of an incoming call is so loud that one nearly jumps out of their skin. (no comment!) Can anyone advise how to reduce the volume please? and thanks
John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 15:32   #112
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Volume of incoming call ringing tone solved...left the incoming call ringing and turned the volume down to what we thought reasonable. Then tried again and it worked.. That was certainly an easy fix.
John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2018, 14:09   #113
Cortinadave
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

I've still had no luck with getting bluetooth working after it seemed to go dead a week into ownership.

It seeks but wont find any bluetooth devices at all, nor will my phone find the comet.

Tried a factory reset, even a "bluetooth fix" app with no result, and have just heard from another member who has this same problem.

Have there been any software updates I could try? it drives me crazy as I like the unit otherwise!

Not keen to try "rooting" in case I brick the thing entirely

Last edited by Cortinadave; 20th March 2018 at 14:18..
Cortinadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 07:26   #114
clouddog

Rover 75

Hi guys, I'm not around here a lot but I hoped you could help me with a few problems regarding my comet.

I bought a comet trough Sean to replace my previous Navall unit.

I have it installed in a Rover Garage (Van noort Holland, pretty famous around here for rover cars)

Problem nr1 Bluetooth:
Sometimes i can connect my iphone 8 to the Comet but more times I cannot. Last time i was so fed up with it that i did a factory reset on my morning ride to work. after reboot. No way to connect to the Comet trough bluetooth. I had the name change and a new pasword (needed after factory reset) No connection at all possible.
When I drove home in the evening. I could connect.Strange thing is that he renamed the name and changed the pasword (CAR-KIT)
This morning no way to connect to the comet trough bluetooth again.
Even when I remove the name CARKIT from my bluetooth list on the phone and he has to search he doesn't find.
So bluetooth is definitely not working.

Are there more people with the same issue? I know already CortinaDave from the Forum here has the same problem and hasn't been able to find a fix.

I seriously hope there is a workaround because phone is a necessity!

Question 2 mirrorlink:
This is something that doesn't work at all.
The connection procedure works allright but the result on screen is a black screen met a fat line in it. And the sound is tsssksksksksksks..
I should just see my phone and be able to play Spotify on my foon trough the radio right?
Does it work with anybody else?

Question 3:
when i put on my radio it always on the last channel i was listening. That is igood.
But all the post i had put into memory are gone. It looks like i missed to connect a cable. Can someone confirm that?

Question 4:
Sean has his navalls equipped with a navigation system (IGO i think). Since I did a factory reset I lost the link on the screen. The card is still in the unit so i think i only have to repare the link. Does somebody knows how or can point me to the right information page.?

Would be great.

Thanks!!
clouddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:30   #115
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouddog View Post
*snip*
Question 4:
Sean has his navalls equipped with a navigation system (IGO i think). Since I did a factory reset I lost the link on the screen. The card is still in the unit so i think i only have to repare the link. Does somebody knows how or can point me to the right information page.?

Would be great.

Thanks!!
Hi WolkenHond

I believe you will find an APK file on the SD card that contains the software. You will have to re-install from APK and tell the unit that you want to use iGo as your navigation companion. At least this is the case with my NavAll 1.

Note that you might have to place said SD card in the "other" slot of the unit. AFAIK you can't install from the "Map" slot.

HTH

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:32   #116
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Or just abandon iGo and download Waze or Google Maps. Either of which are free and in my opinion much better.
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:39   #117
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
Or just abandon iGo and download Waze or Google Maps. Either of which are free and in my opinion much better.
Might be the case in the UK but in the Netherlands there are a few arguments for using iGo (or any other nav app that uses off-line maps).

Mobile Internet is not very cheap in the Netherlands;
Waze uses community maps that are so so in the Netherlands (IMHO);
iGo is highly customizable and rather fast in calculating in these devices;

But hey... everybody can use his personal favorite; now can he?

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:51   #118
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
Might be the case in the UK but in the Netherlands there are a few arguments for using iGo (or any other nav app that uses off-line maps).

Mobile Internet is not very cheap in the Netherlands;
Waze uses community maps that are so so in the Netherlands (IMHO);
iGo is highly customizable and rather fast in calculating in these devices;

But hey... everybody can use his personal favorite; now can he?
Didn't see you were in Holland. Google maps has the ability to download a local section of maps for offline use (at least it does in the UK) and Waze uses some sort of cache and doesn't need a permanent connection to navigate... as long as you start the journey with some sort of signal. I don't have a particularly high data allowance on my phone and the amount of data either consumes is fairly minimal in my experience.
Old 27th March 2018, 07:38   #119
clouddog

Rover 75

Thx BigAde and Sjonnie,

I do use waze and Google maps at the moment. (big user of waze) but it's good to have an 'offline' navigation solution.
Thanks for all the tips!

Another question:

When i want to play netflix or youtube (I have to wait sometimes long in the car) I get a black screen but perfect auudio. I had this also with my previous navll. I fixed it but don't remember how.
Looking up on internet android seems to have this a lot. Solutioj is for phones but still. (how do you get developer modus on?!?, tapping 7 times on build number doesn't work)

Can't imagine nobody has this issue on Comets? Someone has the working tip?

@cortinaDave: This bluetooth issue is really weird. Now i have sometimes bluetooth working and sometimes not. Most of the time it works. Doesn't matter how long the car stood still. I cannot see any reason why it works sometimes and sometimes not ...
clouddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 07:50   #120
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

I do agree that Bluetooth is hit and miss on the Comet. Sometimes it works 100% fine... other times (like this morning) it just won't connect at all. No idea on the cause, I've tried all the obvious things.