Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2017, 15:14   #81
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
Thanks aircub, that's good information. I don't fancy rooting the headunit... I have done it on some phones but there's always the risk of bricking your device.

But I suppose it may be worthwhile buying a more up to date ODB2 bluetooth dongle, ... mine was a v1.5 one and came from Ebay about 5 years ago, so I guess the internals of them are likely to be different these days. There are loads on Amazon/Ebay for a couple of quid. Can anyone who DID get theirs to work share what theirs is and where they got it from?
I also have problem with TPMS sensors as well, again they use bluetooth but unless they are named correctly Android won't see them.
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 17:09   #82
Cortinadave
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

is your comet seeing ANY bluetooth device? Mine worked for a few days but now doesnt "see" any bluetooth devices at all. Tried a couple of resets but no joy. Anyone else come across this?

Last edited by Cortinadave; 13th November 2017 at 17:11..
Cortinadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 21:18   #83
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortinadave View Post
is your comet seeing ANY bluetooth device? Mine worked for a few days but now doesnt "see" any bluetooth devices at all. Tried a couple of resets but no joy. Anyone else come across this?
HI CD
Have you cleared all BT devics and tried to reconnect?
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:56   #84
Cortinadave
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Yes... I tried a factory reset of the whole thing too... it searches for bluetooth devices but doesnt find any... and my phone doesnt see it either... Worked fine initially but nothing at all now.

Any other reboot ideas I could try?
Cortinadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 08:27   #85
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

So, I've finally cured my Bluetooth ODB2 connection problem.

I purchased a new Bluetooth 4.0 ODB2 adapter, took a few week to arrive from Hong Kong and connected it earlier this morning. It was this one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...K/142130732280
Cost is £7.20 delivered.

I'm pleased to say that my Comet found it straight away (presumably due to the newer version of Bluetooth), no problems pairing and Torque now works fine with it. It also has the added bonus of working with my iPhone over Bluetooth. Previously you had to use Wi-Fi ODB2 devices to use them with iPhones, but fortunately no more Not had time to do a lot with it so far, but all looking good!

Last edited by BigAde; 16th December 2017 at 15:07..
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2018, 20:25   #86
MIT
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE

Well ...
My previous OBD paired with the Comet via Bluetooth, connected to Torque successfuly, but then ... could not connect to ECU.
So I thought, OK, could be something wrong with the OBD, so let's order the one Big Ade did.
Arrived surprisingly fast. Paired. Connected to Torque immediately. Checked all settings. Everything compatible. And then ... the same story.
The "Adapter Status Information" says: Connection to ECU - Can the adapter talk OK to the vehicle ECU? NO.
In, out, on, off, reboot, reverse order ... always the same story; just when you think everything will be OK.
Surfing the Internet one finds tens and tens of similar stories. Sometimes the same OBD works with one car, but not with the other. Sometimes it suddenly "finds" the ECU after quite some time and after several miles.
I am quite certain that it has nothing to do with "bad" or "cheap" OBD. After all, the previous one was provided by Radioguy.
It must be something else. But what?
Has anyone had the same experience but finally found a solution with THE SAME OBD, not buying new ones until from some unknown reason one of them managed to talk to the ECU?
Any hint more than welcome (in the meantime I will just be jealous at Big Ade)

EDIT:
Fixed. Not sure what really happened LOL. Could be this, finally: unpaired my phone and OBD2, paired OBD2, everything went OK with Torque, then paired back the phone.

Last edited by MIT; 18th February 2018 at 19:34.. Reason: FIXED
MIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 07:23   #87
robimo
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 V6 auto

When I press the power button I think the radio go in standby because when I switch it on it starts immediately and I think there is power consumption.
is there a method to turn it off with consumption 0? I have to leave the car stops for two months, I would not find the battery drain.
Thanks
robimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 11:11   #88
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimo View Post
When I press the power button I think the radio go in standby because when I switch it on it starts immediately and I think there is power consumption.
is there a method to turn it off with consumption 0? I have to leave the car stops for two months, I would not find the battery drain.
Thanks
Disconnect the battery if possible. Otherwise the clock and alarm system still use power and could drain your battery.

HTH

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 07:24   #89
robimo
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 V6 auto

wow I don't think the clock and alarm.
Is better to disconnect the battery.
robimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:08   #90
Bazzzs

Rover 75 Saloon

Default DVR problem

Hi guys,

I received my Comet a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. Thanks for the Antenna amp solution, I have connected the blue ANT to the red wire. However, I have a problem with the DVR. When the screen is full with details (during daytime in the city) the recording is very laggy. I tried to restart the head unit and use the Dashcam with a different USB port, but it didn't get better, it's just not smooth. Shall I use a different DVR app, or what could cause the problem?

Thanks,
Balazs
Bazzzs is offline   Reply With Quote