Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th September 2009, 18:49   #11
doublekite
My other car is a bus

2005 Jaguar S Type 2.7D automatic and 2007 Jaguar S Type XS 2.7D automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by efreeti View Post
I would be immediately put off bidding by the £2000 starting bid and the words "reserve not met". It means prospective buyers know your range is between £2100 and £2600 so they don't have any scope to get themselves a bargain.

I would start the bidding at £99 and set a sensible reserve. It give buyers a chance to actually bid on something and gets people interested in the auction. You will find you get a few bids early in the auction to take it up to just over a grand or so. This means people are interested and looking at it. If they see £2000 reserve not met, a lot of folks will just carry on clicking to the next car.

Alternatively if you are not in a rush to sell just stick it on a classified add for £2450 and see if you get any interest.
I personally hate those listings where there is a totally silly start price which it is obvious the car will not sell for, especially when there is a reserve. There are many of us who like to know what the price is going to be rather than waste time bidding on something that will end up being more than we wish to spend. Also, in my opinion, eBay is not just about looking for a bargain, but looking for what you are after at the price you are prepared to pay.
However I agree what you say about a classified listing being an option, its all down to what our preferences are I suppose. I have wasted time bidding on things which have gone way over what I am prepared to pay, and I wish I had never bothered bidding.
doublekite is offline   Reply With Quote