Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th June 2017, 08:11   #1
pob06
Gets stuck in

Starlight Silver ZT+ manual diesel saloon, Black X-Type Sport SE Diesel estate, manual.

Default Front suspension transfer from 2.0v6 to 2.5v6? - and background

Dumb question Tuesday I’m afraid and I am hoping the hive mind can help me keep one of our cars on the road.
1) Can the front suspension from a 2.0lTourer (52 plate) be transferred to a 2.5 Saloon (Y), the engine mounts too possibly?.
2) Can anyone recommend me a mobile mechanic in or around Reading that hopefully has a yard and towing facilities and doesn’t charge a kidney for work?.

My saloon has been of the road for a while with what was suspected as an auto box problem but am now thinking it’s the engine mounts (bang and judder when changing up and down, no racing or delay in change. Steadily got worse). Until the beginning of the month I was driving the tourer but the engine has gone (knocking, loss of coolant, blue smoke, bit of a loss of power up hills). Hence me buying my first ZT from shiner. Having looked at the last MOT the suspension struts were highlighted as advisories and judging by the loud bangs from the front of it when I moved it last a coil spring has gone whilst parked up.
I’ve pretty much used up my grace and favour for parking the vehicles here and there are no faciltites to easily work on them here either (very few parking bays by the flats and it’s a bit of luck if you can park there let alone have space to work). To compound things I cant work on cars myself really nowadays (light stuff only). I do have a bit of time to play with though.
There is hopefully a plan forming where the tourer will be collected, a few parts donated to the saloon to get that on the road with the new owner having the Tourer to do as they wish but this might not happen so I need to look at a back up plan via a local mechanic. The suspension is an afterthought by the way.
I’d be happy for anyone who wanted it to have the tourer if it was of use to them once I’ve had done what I need. Otherwise it would have to go to car heaven L.
I cant run three cars at this point and for personal reasons I’m determined to get the saloon back on the road whatever, so any thoughts, advise on my questions would be appreciated.
Ta muchly
Pob

Membership number 1044 -- Apparently in 1044 Henry III, Holy Roman Emporer got bored and invaded Hungary.
pob06 is offline   Reply With Quote