Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2008, 18:59   #11
Depecherob

MG ZT CDTi 135+ Facelift Commission number 23816

Just thought I'd update you all on this.
I decided to get a MF75P from Ron as I have just bought 2 new tyres (100 quid each so couldnt stretch to a synergy) and it looked like it might do the job. It arrived one day later (thanks).
WHat a transformation! The car is a pleasure to drive now. My worries about fitting it myself were without foundation. I treated myself to a new socket set from Wilkinsons and I was lucky enough to have a 5mm Hex screwdriver set to take the air cover off.
I pulled the Maf connector off with pliers and fitted the MAFAM. Replaced the air cover and had a drive. Ended up setting the dial to 10-11 o'clock setting. No smoke, just power. The sub 2000 rpm urge has reappeared and the car feels much more responsive overall.
I was feeling confident so whipped off the EGR valve. Yuk. My car has done 60,000 (04 reg). It was clarted up so after a soak a scrub and a dry it came out pretty good.
Thanks for all the great articles on this forum. They give the rookie the help they need to do this kind of job and save a few quid. My car has been transformed for the sake of £57.50 (Mafam) and a pair of heavy duty marigolds (essential kit for cleaning the EGR!)
Cheers
Rob

Last edited by Depecherob; 2nd August 2008 at 19:02..
Depecherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 19:34   #12
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Well done Rob, now you can enjoy your 75 to the full.
After owning 3 Mk1 75s I could not bring myself round to liking the facelift version and I think MG Rover lost their way when changing the 75. However the facelift certainly worked on the ZT version of the MG, but definately not on the 75. When Jaguar carried out the 2004 facelift on the S-type, I think they managed to improved the look of the car, whereas the 75 lost that something special look to some degree.
Anyway have many happy miles with your 75. Must admit, though the Jaguar is very nice, I still miss my 75, it had a much better interior and SWMBO found the seats much more comfortable.
Regards,
Telfer

Last edited by Telferstr; 2nd August 2008 at 20:19..
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote