Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th September 2013, 22:35   #91
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Many thanks Jeff,I know what you mean,I'm not really an early riser myself,so can stir just in time for a nice sunset,lol,must say tho' I much prefer the clearer shot's of crisp winter sunset/sunrises,keep em coming mate.

All the Best.......John.
Old 15th September 2013, 20:56   #92
Bluejon

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

STILL ON THE SUNSET THEME,A COUPLE OF PICS,WITH A CONTRAST, OF MARYPORT HARBOUR CUMBRIA, TAKEN ON DIFFERENT DAYS & TIME OF DAY DURING THE SUMMER.

THE FIRST ONE IS A SHOT ACROSS THE HARBOUR IN THE LATE AFTERNOON SUN,THE SECOND,BY WAY OF CONTRAST,SHOWS THE SAME HARBOUR,SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT ANGLE,IN THE STRONG LATE EVENING SUNSET.

BEST REGARDS.

JOHN.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:07..
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2013, 20:57   #93
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
STILL ON THE SUNSET THEME,A COUPLE OF PICS,WITH A CONTRAST, OF MARYPORT HARBOUR CUMBRIA, TAKEN ON DIFFERENT DAYS & TIME OF DAY DURING THE SUMMER.

THE FIRST ONE IS A SHOT ACROSS THE HARBOUR IN THE LATE AFTERNOON SUN,THE SECOND,BY WAY OF CONTRAST,SHOWS THE SAME HARBOUR,SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT ANGLE,IN THE STRONG LATE EVENING SUNSET.

BEST REGARDS.

JOHN.
Idyllic setting and very well captured
Old 16th September 2013, 21:32   #94
Bluejon

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your comments,very much appreciated,yes!an idealic photo location nowadays,mainly a quiet little fishing port now,many years ago it was quite a busy industrial port,in the sailing/early steamship days,infact it was quite a busy shipbuilding port.

Maryport has quite an interesting history,one being associated with the 'Titanic',the founder of the 'White Star Line' Thomas Ismay, actually came from Maryport,before moving to Liverpool to create the above.

Once again,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:03   #95
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Smashing photos John - in many respects that area is somewhat similar to the North East coast, Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes etc. - a reminder of our past
Many moons ago, we spent a superb day at Ravenglass - that was a real blast from the past, but incredibly beautiful on a sunny day. The village is a bit like the land that time forgot!

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 22:05   #96
Bluejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Smashing photos John - in many respects that area is somewhat similar to the North East coast, Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes etc. - a reminder of our past
Many moons ago, we spent a superb day at Ravenglass - that was a real blast from the past, but incredibly beautiful on a sunny day. The village is a bit like the land that time forgot!
Many thanks Rod,yes,they have made alot of improvements,environmentally to the area,Maryport,Workington & Whitehaven being particularly heavily industrialized in the past,the largest impovements to date have be made at Whitehaven, with the re-generation of the Harbour area into a Marina,with a lock system to keep the water in,with numerous mooring points for yacht's etc.

I agree with you on Ravenglass Village,a quaint place where time seem's to have stood still,btw Rod, did you have a run on the Ravenglass & Eskdale Miniature Railway,known around these part's as't La-al Ratty,take a look at a pic I posted of one of the loco's in P63 on page 7.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:00   #97
reworht
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Many thanks Rod,yes,they have made alot of improvements,environmentally to the area,Maryport,Workington & Whitehaven being particularly heavily industrialized in the past,the largest impovements to date have be made at Whitehaven, with the re-generation of the Harbour area into a Marina,with a lock system to keep the water in,with numerous mooring points for yacht's etc.

I agree with you on Ravenglass Village,a quaint place where time seem's to have stood still,btw Rod, did you have a run on the Ravenglass & Eskdale Miniature Railway,known around these part's as't La-al Ratty,take a look at a pic I posted of one of the loco's in P63 on page 7.

Best Regards.

John.
Yes John - we made a really good day out of it. Us and two other couples were staying at the Keswick Countyr House Hotel (the old station building I believe?) We drove over Hardknott and Wrynose passes, parked at Ravenglass, got the train back to Boot, had a cup of coffee and a sticky bun, train back to Ravenglass and ate a packed lunch sitting on the sea wall there.
It was October, but a glorious sunny day and warm enough for shirtsleeves

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 28th October 2013, 21:25   #98
Bluejon

'RETURN TO SUNSETS'

BEST REGARDS.

JOHN.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:10..
Old 24th December 2013, 20:45   #99
Bluejon

A few seasonal pics,taken over the last few years,from my local region,of the type of weather more associated with Christmas,than all this wind & rain,just to set the Festive scene.

Very Best Wishes Everyone.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:11..
Old 25th December 2013, 09:26   #100
reworht
This is my second home

A Merry Christmas to you and Jan too - photos to your usual standard - think I'll put the Lake District into my list of "places to take the caravan in 2014" - only problem is I dislike the A66 over Bowes and Brough - not really designed for towing caravans!
The thing is - the scenery at the end of it is worth all the hassle

Rodney - you plonker!