Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2019, 10:07   #144351
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

G'day all - I know, I'm late on parade again.
After a rubbish night's sleep on Sunday, followed by a 5.50am alarm call yesterday morning for the school run, |I decided to have a lie in this morning. After that lie in, I stuck my nose out of the duvet - and it was flippin' freezing, so I had another lie in

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 10:30   #144352
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
we had the lightest dusting of snow overnight and it's trying to snow again by the looks of things
Morning, plain cold and damp here, no white stuff, not even on the hills.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 11:26   #144353
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning, plain cold and damp here, no white stuff, not even on the hills.

It thawed out & started to rain here around 10:00am and it soon turned to sleet, The sleet is coming down quite steady now, Brrr feet up in front of the fire for me today.#

At last!

#

I've been trying to win an ebay auction for a better spec PC to play the Train Sim World train simulator games on for the last few days.

A water cooled Intel i5 16Gb GTX 970 4 Gb Vam GPU.

Finally won one last night It's not easy winning one against those guys, this was my 6th attempt I've no fingernails left

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 11:35   #144354
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

I'm one of those sneaky bugrs on Ebay. If its something I'm really after I use a sniper, stay hidden til the last seconds.

T4 Location Map
Old 29th January 2019, 11:45   #144355
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
I'm one of those sneaky bugrs on Ebay. If its something I'm really after I use a sniper, stay hidden til the last seconds.

Yeah I noticed how it went crazy in the last 5 seconds. I had a set amount of dosh to spend and no more so it was impossible to outbid those guys.

Cant wait til it arrives, I may be AWOL for a day or two playing me games I've bought in the Christmas sales at 60% off

Old 29th January 2019, 12:00   #144356
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

The Class 31 in the upper picture were rare visitors to the Scottish region, only with a Newcastle crew who brought them up and worked back south with them. I was never trained on them although did move them around the depot. Every loco was the same to drive, just a case of finding battery isolating switches etc before you could start them.

The HST in the lower picture, never trained on them but did drive them during the driver training. In those days the instructor took you on anything and everything to gain experience. Mind you, in those days nobody who went on the training course didn't know how to drive. Most drivers, once they knew you weren't an idiot, were quite happy to hand over the controls, indeed with some drivers it was a fight to get into the secondman's seat!

I was trained on, 08, 09, 26, 27, 37, 47, 56, 60, 86, 87 & 90.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 29th January 2019 at 12:03..
Old 29th January 2019, 12:28   #144357
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
The Class 31 in the upper picture were rare visitors to the Scottish region, only with a Newcastle crew who brought them up and worked back south with them. I was never trained on them although did move them around the depot. Every loco was the same to drive, just a case of finding battery isolating switches etc before you could start them.

The HST in the lower picture, never trained on them but did drive them during the driver training. In those days the instructor took you on anything and everything to gain experience. Mind you, in those days nobody who went on the training course didn't know how to drive. Most drivers, once they knew you weren't an idiot, were quite happy to hand over the controls, indeed with some drivers it was a fight to get into the secondman's seat!

I was trained on, 08, 09, 26, 27, 37, 47, 56, 60, 86, 87 & 90.

Very Cool Steve, These Simulators are supposed to be identical to cab controls and the way they feel when driving, the scenery is supposed to look identical to the route/stations you're driving on too.

That AP (Armstrong Powerhouse) site has some new audio tracks "Add-On's" with some of these loco's and they sound very realistic through this surround sound.

This is the class 37/9

You can buy individual scenario's from routes from all over the country.

Old 29th January 2019, 13:01   #144358
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Yep, I was trained on all variants of the Class 37 including the 37/9!

Does it include the scenario where you're in the middle of nowhere in heavy snow during the night and the blue general fault light comes up quickly followed by the red engine stopped light. Had that one night, pre mobile phone etc days, driver only operation ie, I was on my tod! Full power climbing a hill, heavy snow, there was a brilliant blue flash lit the place up, before I had a chance to say "WTF was that?" the general fault light popped up immediately followed by an engine shut down, wouldn't restart, stone dead. Had to secure the train (freight) by applying handbrakes on the wagons then walk about 2 miles in 2 feet of snow to get to a lineside telephone, declare the loco (37/0) a failure and request an assisting loco.

Later discovered the brilliant blue flash was snow getting into one of the traction motors causing a massive earth fault (about 2,000 amps going immediately to earth on the traction motor casing!) that blew the sh.t out of the wiring.

T4 Location Map
Old 29th January 2019, 13:12   #144359
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Yep, I was trained on all variants of the Class 37 including the 37/9!

Does it include the scenario where you're in the middle of nowhere in heavy snow during the night and the blue general fault light comes up quickly followed by the red engine stopped light. Had that one night, pre mobile phone etc days, driver only operation ie, I was on my tod! Full power climbing a hill, heavy snow, there was a brilliant blue flash lit the place up, before I had a chance to say "WTF was that?" the general fault light popped up immediately followed by an engine shut down, wouldn't restart, stone dead. Had to secure the train (freight) by applying handbrakes on the wagons then walk about 2 miles in 2 feet of snow to get to a lineside telephone, declare the loco (37/0) a failure and request an assisting loco.

Later discovered the brilliant blue flash was snow getting into one of the traction motors causing a massive earth fault (about 2,000 amps going immediately to earth on the traction motor casing!) that blew the sh.t out of the wiring.

Blimey!that sounded rough Steve. there are bad weather/rain/snow/lightening etc scenario's though.

There are some of those big Canadian freight loco's and routes in that train sim world, I think you can pick your season, Winter or Summer, rain or shine.
The guy I bought the computer off just emailed to say he's done a clean install of Win 10 & the courier is picking it up today. yabbadabba do.

Old 29th January 2019, 14:17   #144360
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It thawed out & started to rain here around 10:00am and it soon turned to sleet, The sleet is coming down quite steady now, Brrr feet up in front of the fire for me today.#

At last!

#

A water cooled Intel i5 16Gb GTX 970 4 Gb Vam GPU.

Water cooled! You had better check the head gasket!!