Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2014, 08:03   #1
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

Default 2014 Manx Classic

I have to say this event was amazing!
First of all the entry- 35 pre war cars - Fraser Nashes, Bugattis and some very interesting moderns - a 750 bhp pikes peak evo mistubishi 4wd that 4wd puma 650 bhp kitcar
I was up against a new 530 bhp 1964 mustang - very light and some hot pre 81 Morgans v8s
We had a new event Creg Wylley's (Glen Helen area) which was amazing
The event was not without drama
which seemed to centre mostly around Triumph TRs
tr4 blew its engine big style on startline at Creg Willeys
another TR4 fell over at waterworks on Lhegy Frissell ending up 100 ft below parapat resting on tree just before the sea
TR7V8 got it wrong and frightened 4x spectators in powerslide=- taken to hospital briefly and then all released!
A Caterham well driven by a senior IOM civil servant upturned at Creg Willeys - might have been axle failure
I am having more success with the youtube downloads- not photos
so here goes:
1 I managed to win the Governor's Bridge event with this run- sadly didn't quite manage to beat the Cobra's record set last year (different conditions etc!)

2 The new Creg Willey was simply amazing trip! hit 140 mph through the speed gun at the end (in the air!)
managed to win this one too! had a bit of a moment after Glen Helen pub- had a serious problem later on as I ran into a pile of engine smoke from the Mustang- you can hear the lift off- oil dropped all over his exhaust- I thought he had spun just around the corner- no sign of him so got on the gas later on. This has got to be one of the best drives anywhere everywhere.
here goes:

More to follow with the Lhergy Frissell H/C when downloaded
edit- herewith Lhergy Frissell (which Butch also won!):
very damp practice run shown here last run in dryer conditions was 15 seconds quicker later- but can't find it:

We also won the Team Lord Northesk Prize as well as the Overall Classic prize

former owner of 2004 ZT-T CDTi from new

Last edited by TopCat999; 25th May 2014 at 19:19..
TopCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 12:51   #2
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

Just picked up July's edition of Classic Cars Magazine to see a great report on the Manx Classic on page 26

along with a (familiar) picture of the winning (classic ) car..................!!

former owner of 2004 ZT-T CDTi from new

Last edited by TopCat999; 29th May 2014 at 13:06..
TopCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote