Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th July 2012, 19:08   #1
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

Thumbs up OBDII - Nice Little Android Phone App

Just thought it may be worth sharing a recent purchase that's both reasonably priced and does exactly what it says on the tin.......

Bought an app for my android phone called "Torque BHP" more on it at:
http://torque-bhp.com/

To go with this I bought the following bluetooth adapter from the Bay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308005717...84.m1497.l2648

After pairing the adapter to my phone, I fired up the App and hey presto! Loads of data from my ECU about temperatures, MAF performance, boost pressures, fuel mixtures, the list just goes on and on and on.

Its fully configurable and even reads fault codes. You can also clear them and I am still finding out what it can do. All I know is that its shown me that I have had a few issues but after a bit of tinker under the bonnet and resetting the fault codes, the errors have not come back, so fingers crossed its looking good.

There is probably a whole heap of stuff I have not even found out or touched on. There is a free app available so you check out the look an feel and get an idea of the features. I have also had a go with it on the other half's Pug 207, which sends data much quicker due to it being a much newer standard, so it works on pretty much any car with an OBD socket.

Dave

Last edited by DaveyC; 18th July 2013 at 13:10..
DaveyC is offline   Reply With Quote