Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2020, 09:57   #11
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Murphy View Post
Actually that has made me think, when you are dead, you are just not born yet..
Yep, back to the mother ship for recycling.
Old 12th June 2020, 11:02   #12
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Stay very wary of those around you and your loved ones, this has a long way to run. IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that I hope you didn't mean that the way it is written. Being scared of your own friends and family as a recommendation. Next we'll be being told to snitch on anyone who so much as clears their throat (AKA 'test & trace': catchy isn't it?) Being persuaded to self-segregate from your own family, friends and neighbours, indoctrinated to fear them? This is the path to enabling successful dictatorship. A classic way of quelling large scale dissent before it can even happen. Well it's obviously not working so far.

Right I'm off to barricade the doors before the conformity police come knocking to take me to the ministry of truth....

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 12th June 2020, 11:12   #13
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Before you were born? Before you were conceived? You did exist – if only in potential. All the necessary components were there, just waiting. The elemental forces and material existed with the ratio of variables to be decided at a later date.

Life is in fact eternal and just waiting for the opportunity to bloom. How wonderful. You live to fulfil your own potential and are dependent on what you put into it.

Not unlike a virus?
Old 13th June 2020, 19:09   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
We don't live forever but we do live now. So, what were we before ... dead?
The same particles that are YOU now will still be around after you ( as a person ) no longer exists.

The part of YOU that makes you what you are as a person was formed when you were conceived as an empty page..

Experience of life has filled that page and you are the result of all that accumulated knowledge.

All your knowledge lodged in the cells or your brain will dissipate on your demise.

That specific accumulation of knowledge will never exist again.-----------( Yes, unfortunately, that does mean you.- )

Enjoy it while you can as many, many folk have said----This is not a rehearsal.
Old 14th June 2020, 13:48   #15
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
The same particles that are YOU now will still be around after you ( as a person ) no longer exists.

The part of YOU that makes you what you are as a person was formed when you were conceived as an empty page..

Experience of life has filled that page and you are the result of all that accumulated knowledge.

All your knowledge lodged in the cells or your brain will dissipate on your demise.

That specific accumulation of knowledge will never exist again.-----------( Yes, unfortunately, that does mean you.- )

Enjoy it while you can as many, many folk have said----This is not a rehearsal.

Don't suppose you'd care to prove that Jon? You seem to be suggesting genes don't remember! Sub-optimal memory? SciFi? Inherited intelligence?

Last edited by wraymond; 14th June 2020 at 13:50..
Old 14th June 2020, 16:28   #16
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Don't suppose you'd care to prove that Jon? You seem to be suggesting genes don't remember! Sub-optimal memory? SciFi? Inherited intelligence?
I'm sure they remember as that is where all the information is stored to construct another human being.

Ovum/50%---Sperm/50%

Ovum--just visible to the naked eye.

Sperm 80,000 times smaller

Where on earth does all that info get stored.--Incredible.

You arrive after the event as a build up of all the things you experience during your life.--Unfortunately you don't get stored with the information previously mentioned and thus don't get passed on too.

Called EVOLUTION I suppose.-----

Onwards and upwards.---
Old 14th June 2020, 18:06   #17
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

It is said that a leopard can't change its spots, but how did it acquire them in the first place? How does it know that it is a leopard and different to other cats which are spotless? Some critters can change their spots so to speak but how did they acquire the ability to do that and to know when to do so?

There is a lot going on in this world which is beyond the ability of our sensory perception. Technology has helped us a bit in our detection and understanding but I think we have a long way to go. There is definitely to me an intelligence and a reason directing nature. Everything has a place and a reason.
Old 14th June 2020, 19:41   #18
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
It is said that a leopard can't change its spots, but how did it acquire them in the first place? How does it know that it is a leopard and different to other cats which are spotless? Some critters can change their spots so to speak but how did they acquire the ability to do that and to know when to do so?

There is a lot going on in this world which is beyond the ability of our sensory perception. Technology has helped us a bit in our detection and understanding but I think we have a long way to go. There is definitely to me an intelligence and a reason directing nature. Everything has a place and a reason.
like a virus (see what I did there lol), genes mutate, if genes and subsequently, genetic make up of a being mutates, it will change, sometimes form, sometimes function. This mutation could be an evolutionary process, (as in survival of the fittest), or it could be a failed substandard gene, where it doesnt develop as it was supposed to (sometimes by an environmental influence). this 'damaged' or a mutated gene then gets passed onto the next generation.

So the question then becomes, did stripes come first or spots?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 14th June 2020, 20:46   #19
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
like a virus (see what I did there lol), genes mutate, if genes and subsequently, genetic make up of a being mutates, it will change, sometimes form, sometimes function. This mutation could be an evolutionary process, (as in survival of the fittest), or it could be a failed substandard gene, where it doesnt develop as it was supposed to (sometimes by an environmental influence). this 'damaged' or a mutated gene then gets passed onto the next generation.

So the question then becomes, did stripes come first or spots?
And of course,----Which came first the chicken or the egg ??--
Old 14th June 2020, 21:06   #20
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
And of course,----Which came first the chicken or the egg ??--
Which egg?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Closed Thread