Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2017, 13:57   #61
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoUK View Post
Superlocking drives me nuts...

Not having a keyhole for the boot on the tourers is pretty dumb too

Just push and hold your remote it should unlatch.
Or just open the GREAT glass hatch. I've had planks of wood and rolled carpets hanging out the back with the front seat down and proper signage flapping rags and warning triangle.((should have one in your tailgate)
crazy frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:04   #62
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
The only features I don't like are the ones that are missing: all the stuff my old £370 Sterling used to do that the 75 doesn't. Every window one touch up, lazy locking (including the sunroof, I used to love showing that off to people who had just spent loads of money on a new car) and mirrors included in the memories.

I'm not bothered about the rear demister turning itself on as only the top wire works anyway... oh the loadspace cover doesn't reach the tailgate. What's that about?
Of course in the sterling you were lucky if all kept working without issue... And yes I miss all that from my 820 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidetops View Post
All modern Fords that automatically switch the a/c on when you turn the airflow towards the windscreen. This is for effective demisting, but I'd rather turn the a/c on when I want it on, instead of having to keep turning it off!
The 75 automatically engages the aircon when you push the actual windscreen demist button as well to dehumidify the air - then routes it over the heater matrix to warm it backup

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:17   #63
darwins

MG ZT-T

what annoys me most on cars? well i got a MG ZT-T at a bargain price a few weeks back, it had a few issues but having been in the trade a few years i didn't mind. so im driving home from collecting it, i stopped to get fuel and off i went.

the next morning i went for a drive and the car sounded a little clogged up, so i floored it to clear it (i assumed being a diesel maybe it had just been driven lightly). the next thing i know there are plumes of black smoke and a very ill sounding car that kept losing power, so it looks like i have been sold a dud motor

the next morning it wouldn't start at all, and it sounded like it wasn't getting any fuel, so i popped off the fuel line off the filter and flick the ignition on for a second of two, and sure enough fuel was flowing out freely. then it hit me, that over powering smell of petrol.

the shame

so i drained it out and a tenners worth of diesel in it, and touch would its been fine since.

so what do i hate about cars? well, me it seems
darwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:19   #64
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwins View Post
what annoys me most on cars? well i got a MG ZT-T at a bargain price a few weeks back, it had a few issues but having been in the trade a few years i didn't mind. so im driving home from collecting it, i stopped to get fuel and off i went.

the next morning i went for a drive and the car sounded a little clogged up, so i floored it to clear it (i assumed being a diesel maybe it had just been driven lightly). the next thing i know there are plumes of black smoke and a very ill sounding car that kept losing power, so it looks like i have been sold a dud motor

the next morning it wouldn't start at all, and it sounded like it wasn't getting any fuel, so i popped off the fuel line off the filter and flick the ignition on for a second of two, and sure enough fuel was flowing out freely. then it hit me, that over powering smell of petrol.

the shame

so i drained it out and a tenners worth of diesel in it, and touch would its been fine since.

so what do i hate about cars? well, me it seems
Perfect user name then....
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:56   #65
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

The floor in the back of the tourer. It lifty bit to get to the spare wheel compartment doesn't need to go all the way to the back seats, meaning to you have to completely empty the load space the get to this lovely little storage space of odd tools, bottles of goo and what ever we all keep with the spare wheel. Would be nice if you could just push small bits of load to the back of the rear seats to get this lid open.
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:06   #66
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

All this makes me wonder why you all bought the car
Mine's perfect, no moans, no worries, no problems, just get on with it
Tongue in cheek humour btw
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:16   #67
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
All this makes me wonder why you all bought the car
Mine's perfect, no moans, no worries, no problems, just get on with it
Tongue in cheek humour btw
Never trust a man with a MK1 with MK2 alloys. If you see a car with plenty of badges keep away as he is a cousin of our custodian of style Nev!
Oh and someone on here has a beard LOL!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 23:53   #68
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Having owned a 75 for 15 years, two at one point where we added my current V6 alongside the diesel I can honestly say I found very few items which drove me mad so to speak.
I didn't like having to look down to see the cruise control resume on/off but I modified that by adding my own button to the back of the steering wheel and within easier reach. I did this mod on both 75's

Now with the diesel replaced by a Jaguar XF I've found numerous items which could fall into this category I.e,
If using the almost useless Sat Nav you lose the outside temperature reading.
The heated seats cook you and don't auto switch off.
15 years without scraping an alloy wheel on the 75 then all four XF ones kerbed within months.
Every detail of the leather dash top reflects on the windscreen.
You have to use two switches to resume off / on with the cruise control.
There's no bulb failure warning light system
There's no dipstick
You cannot view odometer and computer readings at the same time.

On the plus side the XF does have that power edge and is a fantastic tow car.
Pity about the rusty doors though.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:12   #69
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozjensen View Post
Totally agree about the rear window demister coming on so frequently - is there any way of disabling this 'feature'??

Thanks

Tony
I quite like it. Even if there's no demisting to be done it clears any overnight rain or condensation from the rear window.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:18   #70
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
Although mine stop when I'm stationary, they still do the occasional wipe if I'm stopped for any length of time.
Mine stop if they're set to intermittent and switch to intermittent if they're set to "on". That way if there's only light rain you don't end up wiping a dry screen. If you can't see out of the windscreen after stopping for a few seconds at lights it must be raining REALLY hard.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote