Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th May 2019, 20:28   #11
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

I'm thinking at the price these are i might just have a punt

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 19:03   #12
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Hay folks. Sorry for slow reply. I've actually made a you tube video going into details of the unit which I'm uploading which should answer all questions.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 19:16   #13
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

https://youtu.be/t7BDuZGQKIo

Here you go folks. Hopefully that covers everything and shows it using everything you want.
Old 18th May 2019, 20:16   #14
Split or Bust
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Good videoColin, well done looks a decent bit of kit for not a lot of dosh, might consider getting one
Split or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 20:56   #15
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
https://youtu.be/t7BDuZGQKIo

Here you go folks. Hopefully that covers everything and shows it using everything you want.
Thanks for answering the Power on/off question Colin, much appreciated. It appears this is the new way these units boot into android, you get one initial slow boot from cold and from then on the system automatically boots from standby as soon as 12v current feeds the loom. I myself have another two units sitting on my desk that do the same thing, it does annoy me slightly not having full control over when I want to turn the unit on or off.

If I am correct, I think the idea is for a faster boot up time, but it appears the developers have cheated by not allowing the system to shutdown. This means the unit is awake 24/7 for as long as the ignition key is turned on.

The capacitive side power button only turns the screen off, it doesn't shutdown the system, if you press it again the screen instantly comes back on. Basically the unit never shuts down not until ignition key cuts the 12v power, I suppose the system has some sort of chip to protect the android O/S.

Regarding your internal storage, it does seem strange that you only have 1.94GB left, and have only used 1.24GB. I can see the unit itself was advertised having 16GB of internal storage, 4GB of that will be used by the O/S which then should leave you at least 12GB to play with.

Regarding your 32GB card using portable storage, you don't appear to be getting full use from it, have you formatted and set up the card, hopefully that will be the problem. It may pay to perform a factory data reset and start again, hopefully that will correct the systems available memory etc.

Thanks again for the vid.

Last edited by Dallas; 18th May 2019 at 21:00..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 18:17   #16
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Did a factory reset last night on it. All the free space is back and 32gb sd card is sorted. Sadly I lost Igo Primo so I've downloaded the regular Igo but I'm not impressed by it, so will download a copy of Primo and do a fresh install of it.
Old 20th May 2019, 07:04   #17
jpdoc
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default installation questions

Looks very good for the money. A few questions if you don't mind -
I'm looking at this to replace (yet another) defunct mk3 highline on a 1999 2.5 v6 manual Connie with the in glove compartment 6 disc CD unit. I've found the fascia I think I'd need on ebay -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT23RO01-...1&isGTR=1#rwid

but I'm concerned about installation. This you tube video looks like the same unit -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAi21kH0oOE

and it makes it look simple, matching colour to colour, but the note on the manual shown on the ebay page for the unit -

"Note: the two power cables must be connected Vehicle Power. If wrong. it will burn out the machine(The Car power supply line,please use multimeter measuring before connection)"

worries me a bit. And I'm a complete novice in terms of car electrics.

So, would you mind detailing (for idiots like me) the wiring and installation a bit? You mentioned getting an aftermarket isoblock adapter and modifying it - I know what an isoblock adapter is (just) but some details as to which one you used, how you modified it, how you wired it etc would be really appreciated.

Also, you mounted the gps ariel behind the A pillar and the microphone at the top of the A pillar. I'm assuming you removed the pillar somehow to do this - any details or hints on how difficult or any issues you hit doing this would also be great.

Finally, as I mentioned above the car has the 6 CD glove compartment unit installed. I can live with losing it as I really only use the GPS and radio, but do you think this will make any of the wiring more difficult?

And again many thanks for the in-depth post and videos - looks like a terrific bit of kit for the money!
jpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 20:29   #18
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Aye he joins it to the car. I just got a standard iso block adapter, chopped of the ends and merged the radio loom to the iso loom and all was good. Means none permanent and fully removable.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F180731095273

The a pillar trim just pulls off. And the multichanger wiring is just two leads for power and sound its not in that loom.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:10   #19
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Yes, A pillar trim just pulls off. Be careful, pull across the car right to left. There are three plastic tabs on the cover which locate in clips on the A pillar. The tabs are not that strong, easy does it.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2019, 16:11   #20
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

If you are thinking of pulling off the A pillar trim you should be aware of the airbags. Disconnect the battery and let it rest for ten minutes. Then carefully remove the A pillar trim noting the "cables" that keep the A pillar from cracking your head in case the airbag goes off. If you do break the cables go to a garage to get it fixed. Really you don't want to be hit by the trim in case of an accident!

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote