Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2009, 14:31   #11
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Glad you are getting the ball roling on this stage.

I would ideally like to get a final route and stage drivers nailed down [not literally] by the end of May if at all possible. See you at Lauder

Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000

Last edited by The Yellow Peril; 17th May 2009 at 07:58..
Old 16th May 2009, 20:19   #12
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Hi derekosb/scooterchick i am still available for either aberdeen to dundee or dundee to edinburgh or both at a push as a bit short of members around here i guess .I also work nights so used to unsociable times . Cheers Tam .

Last edited by Tam; 19th May 2009 at 15:00..
Old 16th May 2009, 20:46   #13
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Hi Tam

Excellent news and thanks for that:lol:. With Murdoch in Alloa then we should hopefully be able to cover Aberdeen to Edinburgh.

A few of us are meeting at Lauder on the 24th of May as part of this year's Scottish All Rover Rally so hope to have a good chat about it there to finalise the route and timings.

Where are you located Tam so we can best plan the route?:lol:. Sorry, just seen you are in Kirriemuir. Scratch that!

Had you thought about the meet on the 24th or is too far South for you?

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:03   #14
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Hi i showed an interest in a scottish meet early on but unfortunately i can't make it that far down due to young son and work commitment . No bank holiday for me i'm affraid .
Old 17th May 2009, 12:12   #15
Merl
Avid contributor

MG ZT260 SE + Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Taken from our stage 6 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl View Post
Yeah he has was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Martin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post

I think a verile young man like you should come up here and lend us a hand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl View Post
Flattery will get you everywhere!! especially from a verile young woman like yourself

Well I offered to do the complete run to Glasgow if needed!! Not sure how I can help out without driving continually for the whole day... But I could always follow Andy when he picks up from me and then use the next changeover to slingshot past the convoy so I can hopefully get ahead to then take over again to do Glasgow to Fort william... Then if Anna want's a co-driver to keep her company as it would be getting late I could do that... Especially as by that point I probably would not feel like doing anymore driving for awhile...

Anna you would have to recommend a place for me to stay up there as I don't fancy driving back the same day, preferably a nice B&B or pub hotel rather than some uncharismatic travelodge...

Just what I could come up with quickly but its an idea...
At the moment it seems the most logical... Just noticed Pab might be able to do Glasgow so I could always do the second half of the route as it would give me a bit longer to rest if he could if not its no problem. Hmm other way I could help but I really dont fancy this on my own would be for me to drive to Edinburgh to pick up the relay from there and drive to Newcastle but it would mean driving over 6hrs for me on that day where Glasgow is a more managable 4hrs which I can knock down to about 3 as I used to do Portsmouth to Crewe in 3hrs....

Lets see what happens first.
Old 17th May 2009, 18:42   #16
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyboy View Post
Hi dereksob/scooterchick i am still available for either aberdeen to dundee or dundee to edinburgh or both at a push as a bit short of members around here i guess .I also work nights so used to unsociable times . Cheers Tam .
Hi Tam,

If we change the route, it's not decided yet, but if we do, could you do Perth - Edinburgh?
Old 17th May 2009, 20:11   #17
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

merl

glasgow to fort william...maybe,as i said will discuss this matter on the 24th
Old 17th May 2009, 20:31   #18
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

My Suggestion:

Glasgow 19:30 - Crianlarich 21:15 (57 miles)
Crianlarich 21:30 - Fort William 23:00 (52 miles)
Fort William 23:15 - Dalwhinnie 01:00 (45 miles)
Dalwhinnie 01:15 - Perth 03:15 (57 miles)
Perth 03:30 - Edinburgh 04:30 (43 miles)

Could we start having volunteers for each stage they could cover? Bearing in mind this is through the night, please ensure you have a co-pilot. If anyone has any further route suggestions, please say so or forever hold your peace!

Andrew (Yellowperil) - Are you happy with this route? It's still going fairly northenly but wiping about 200 miles off a journey I don't think realistically we would have enough volunteers to cover.

I think there will be plenty of volunteers for the first stage of the relay, I'd be happy to do the second stage (which is round the banks of Loch Lomond so be on time!!! It's horrible in the dark), but the next stages may be a problem. Tam which you up for?

Last edited by lady zed; 17th May 2009 at 20:34..
Old 17th May 2009, 20:38   #19
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
My Suggestion:

Glasgow 19:30 - Crianlarich 21:15 (57 miles)
Crianlarich 21:30 - Fort William 23:00 (52 miles)
Fort William 23:15 - Dalwhinnie 01:00 (45 miles)
Dalwhinnie 01:15 - Perth 03:15 (57 miles)
Perth 03:30 - Edinburgh 04:30 (43 miles)

Could we start having volunteers for each stage they could cover? Bearing in mind this is through the night, please ensure you have a co-pilot. If anyone has any further route suggestions, please say so or forever hold your peace!

Andrew (Yellowperil) - Are you happy with this route? It's still going fairly northenly but wiping about 200 miles of a journey I don't think realistically we would have enough volunteers to cover.
Hi Scoots,

I'm more than pleased. As I mentioned in a post on another thread (I'm starting to loose track) the route I proposed was a suggestion to get the ball rolling. It's really up to you guys as you are the ones who are going to have to do the driving.

I would even be happy with a straight run from Glasgow to Edinburgh - this could perhaps be your fall-back position if sufficient volunteers are not forthcoming.

Go for it
Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
Old 17th May 2009, 20:44   #20
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
Hi Scoots,

I'm more than pleased. As I mentioned in a post on another thread (I'm starting to loose track) the route I proposed was a suggestion to get the ball rolling. It's really up to you guys as you are the ones who are going to have to do the driving.

I would even be happy with a straight run from Glasgow to Edinburgh - this could perhaps be your fall-back position if sufficient volunteers are not forthcoming.

Go for it
Andrew
Absolutely Andrew. If the worst come to the worst we'll do Glasgow - Edinburgh and it'll cut about 9 hours off the total time! I think the through the night is putting people off. Perhaps we could tweak things so that there is no through the night anywhere as I've noticed the Devon thread is having the same problem.