Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2009, 16:16   #21
ace1977lan
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI 135 +

Mike

I'm fine to do the Charnock Richard to Lancaster leg.

Andy
Old 15th May 2009, 16:40   #22
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace1977lan View Post
Mike

I'm fine to do the Charnock Richard to Lancaster leg.

Andy

Thats great Andy, thanks very much. Moving along very nicely!

Update for stage 6:

1. James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but that is part of JDC's stage which needs attention).

2. Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28

3. ace1977Ian will step in here and run us up to Galgate/Lancaster.

4. justmicky will pick up at this point for destination to be announced.

5. Bluejohn - to be announced.

Thanks guys
Old 16th May 2009, 09:15   #23
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default Approximate timings

These timings are only approximate and will be influenced by the performance of preceeding stagres

Some preliminary timings
Stage 1 - Cowley to Dorchester - 128 miles - 3.0 hours 6.00 pm - 9.00 pm (19th)
Stage 2 - Dorchester to Penzance - 184 miles - 4.5 hours 9.00 pm - 1.30 am (20th)
Stage 3 - Penzance to Bristol - 205 miles - 5.0 hours 1.30 am - 6.30 am (20th)
Stage 4 - Bristol to Aberystwyth - 189 miles - 4.5 hours 6.30 am - 11.00 am (20th)
Stage 5 - Aberystwyth to Chester - 124 miles - 3.0 hours 11.00 am -2.00 pm (20th)
Stage 6 - Chester to Glasgow - 229 miles - 5.5 hours 2.00 pm - 7.30 pm (20th)
Stage 7 - Glasgow to Edinburgh - 403 miles - 10.0 hours 7.30 pm - 5.30 am (21st)
Stage 8 - Edinburgh to Boston - 274 miles - 8.0 hours 5.30 am - 1.30 pm (21st)
Stage 9 - Boston to Southend - 188 miles - 4.5 hours 1.30 pm - 6.00 pm 921st)
Stage 10 - Southend to Brighton - 121 miles - 3.0 hours 6.00 pm - 9.00 pm (21st)
Stage 11 - Brighton to Birmingham - 185 miles - 4.2 hours 9.00 pm - 1.00 am (22nd)
2230 miles - 55 hours = 40mph average speed

Having written this down, I'm getting very nervous.
Some very unsocialble hours - especially for Devon and Cornwall and Scotland. Plus I was hoping to get the time down to 48 hours, so this may well influence Stage route plans.
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
Old 16th May 2009, 16:32   #24
justmicky

Default Stage 6 Chester to Glasgow Update

Update for stage 6:

1. James UK will be running from Chester to the M56/M6 J20 interchange. (James may also do from Colwyn to M56/M6 J20 but that is part of JDC's stage which require attention). Sat 20th 1400 - 1440 hrs

2. Merl will take over at this point and carry on to the Charnock Richards services between J27/J28. Sat 20th 1440 - 1520hrs

3. ace1977Ian will step in here and run us up to Galgate. Sat 20th 1520 - 1600 hrs

4. justmicky will pick up at this point for the Rhegad centre Penrith. Sat 20th 1600 -1705hrs

5. Bluejon will then travel on to Gretna Green. Sat 20th 1705 - 1745hrs

6. Gretna - Abington or Glasgow - volunteers?

Times are approximate and subject to change. They are based on an average speed of 60 mph. Timings also allow for a 10 minute handover period.

Thanks guys

Last edited by justmicky; 16th May 2009 at 17:18..
Old 17th May 2009, 08:09   #25
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Looking good Mike

Cheers

Andy
Old 17th May 2009, 08:25   #26
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
No worries Mike, early days I know. Just thought it might suit better and offers some flexibility.

Derek
I disagree Derek. We have to cover a total of 403 and so far we only have 3/4 confirmed drivers, on probably the worst roads of the relay. AND during the night. This lot seem to have a few drivers so I would suggest we try and find someone from borders to do the Glasgow run. I get the feeling we're not going to be able to cover all our runs without some inventive planning and perhaps some overnight stays. If I'm doing Fort William - Inverness I'll be driving up to Fort William on the Fri, staying overnight then onto Inverness on the sat, getting some shut eye at the MIL's then back to Glasgow on Sun. I'm off my nut. That's a heck of a drive. Lets see if someone from up north can cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl View Post
Yeah he has was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Ohh not sure if i have missed anything which is possible but a friend of mine was telling me about a OS mapping device thingy that tracks ur route and you can upload the info, not sure if it does real time.... So i can enquiry further about that for something to be used as a batton if interested?

Martin.
I think a verile young man like you should come up here and lend us a hand!
Old 17th May 2009, 08:35   #27
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

OK, a couple of things are beginning to dawn on me.

On paper, Glasgow to Edinburgh looks straight forward enough, but having done most of that route myself, admittedly not at night or to a deadline, I do have a fair idea of the roads and conditions etc, and I'm wondering whether we ought to be a bit less ambitious in our objectives.

After all, Glasgow to Edinburgh direct, is still Scotland, and as such would qualify as having visited all home countries on the route, and cut a considerable amount of time out of the event duration, bringing it back in to the 48 hours.

I would like your thoughts on this idea, as I don't want Scottish members to have to go to additional expenses such as overnight accommodation etc if its not absolutely necessary

Andrew
Old 17th May 2009, 11:43   #28
Merl
Avid contributor

MG ZT260 SE + Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl View Post
Yeah he has was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Martin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post

I think a verile young man like you should come up here and lend us a hand!
Flattery will get you everywhere!! especially from a verile young woman like yourself

Well I offered to do the complete run to Glasgow if needed!! Not sure how I can help out without driving continually for the whole day... But I could always follow Andy when he picks up from me and then use the next changeover to slingshot past the convoy so I can hopefully get ahead to then take over again to do Glasgow to Fort william... Then if Anna want's a co-driver to keep her company as it would be getting late I could do that... Especially as by that point I probably would not feel like doing anymore driving for awhile...

Anna you would have to recommend a place for me to stay up there as I don't fancy driving back the same day, preferably a nice B&B or pub hotel rather than some uncharismatic travelodge...

Just what I could come up with quickly but its an idea...

Last edited by Merl; 17th May 2009 at 11:48..
Old 17th May 2009, 12:21   #29
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
OK, a couple of things are beginning to dawn on me.

On paper, Glasgow to Edinburgh looks straight forward enough, but having done most of that route myself, admittedly not at night or to a deadline, I do have a fair idea of the roads and conditions etc, and I'm wondering whether we ought to be a bit less ambitious in our objectives.

After all, Glasgow to Edinburgh direct, is still Scotland, and as such would qualify as having visited all home countries on the route, and cut a considerable amount of time out of the event duration, bringing it back in to the 48 hours.

I would like your thoughts on this idea, as I don't want Scottish members to have to go to additional expenses such as overnight accommodation etc if its not absolutely necessary

Andrew
Andrew,

I think you're right, a more friendly relay (bearing in mind, this is not a big, sponsored event, being organised at fairly short notice) would be to miss out Inverness and Aberdeen and try to do a route that way. Maybe Glasgow - Fort William - Perth - Edinburgh. I'll get a time and mileage.

Ok, that makes it 252 miles, roughly 6 hours. I think it's much more manageable and acheivable. What do you think?

Last edited by lady zed; 17th May 2009 at 12:25.. Reason: adding on
Old 17th May 2009, 12:54   #30
justmicky

Just to throw another idea in.
I spoke to Martin (Merl) after above posts and informed him that James UK initially indicated he might travel onward.If this was so, I suggested to Martin that we could stll cover and release him to help out with stage 7. He liked the idea and even told me he could possibly help around Edinburgh too the next day - might be worth having a word with him Anna
Closed Thread