Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th October 2015, 10:03   #1
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Default 1st. National Meet 2016

As the P.O.L. Longbridge is scheduled for Saturday 16 April 2016, is there any interest among members to hold the National at Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre on Sunday 17 April? The two meet locations are close together and this would make a good weekend for those (like me) travelling a long way from home. The P.O.L. is always worth the time and cost of travel, but making a weekend of it would make it more worthwhile.

Any views or opinions folks?
Freebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 10:23   #2
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebyrd View Post
As the P.O.L. Longbridge is scheduled for Saturday 16 April 2016, is there any interest among members to hold the National at Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre on Sunday 17 April? The two meet locations are close together and this would make a good weekend for those (like me) travelling a long way from home. The P.O.L. is always worth the time and cost of travel, but making a weekend of it would make it more worthwhile.

Any views or opinions folks?
Yes Brian I am up for it and I am sure that many other members will be too
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 10:24   #3
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

We held it there after POL last year, and in fact have visited the museum with a National meet now three times, so although it's a great venue and arguably the best for our needs, we've decided not to visit it again so soon for next year.

We have a venue in mind for the day after POL and will publish the location once it's signed sealed and delivered. It will be the day after POL but will be a drive from Birmingham in order to spread our net a bit wider and make that time of the year a little less Midland-centric but still within reach of many
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 10:34   #4
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Paul don't forget there is all ways the RAF Museum at Cosford which drew a great attendance the last time that we were there
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 22:54   #5
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Here you go gents, the news is out

Pride Of Longbridge 2016

and

20th Club National Meet

Hope that's sweet enough
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 07:25   #6
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
We held it there after POL last year, and in fact have visited the museum with a National meet now three times, so although it's a great venue and arguably the best for our needs, we've decided not to visit it again so soon for next year.

We have a venue in mind for the day after POL and will publish the location once it's signed sealed and delivered. It will be the day after POL but will be a drive from Birmingham in order to spread our net a bit wider and make that time of the year a little less Midland-centric but still within reach of many
"A drive from Birmingham............make that time of the year a little less Midland-centric". Cadbury World is nearer Birmingham!!!. Are you having a laugh Paul, or just telling me to mind my own business and stop offering suggestions. Sorry if I stood on any toes when offering my suggestion for Gaydon, but the venue of Cadbury World takes some explaining in relation to your OP.
Old 9th November 2015, 08:25   #7
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
"A drive from Birmingham............make that time of the year a little less Midland-centric". Cadbury World is nearer Birmingham!!!. Are you having a laugh Paul, or just telling me to mind my own business and stop offering suggestions. Sorry if I stood on any toes when offering my suggestion for Gaydon, but the venue of Cadbury World takes some explaining in relation to your OP.
Maybe I can tidy this one up Brian
At the time of writing (15th Oct) Paul and myself had the national 75% planned at a venue several miles from Birmingham.. But after reading comments on the forum and also chatting to members at meets it became clear that it would be more member friendly to hold the national closer to the POL (we do listen sometimes) so the search for a suitable and fresh venue began. My first contact with Cadbury World was on the 23rd of October so Reebs was correct when he made the post on this thread and there was no intention to deceive.
Hope this answers your question mate and I look forward to seeing you again in a week or so.
Cheers Ian
Old 9th November 2015, 08:41   #8
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Maybe I can tidy this one up Brian
At the time of writing (15th Oct) Paul and myself had the national 75% planned at a venue several miles from Birmingham.. But after reading comments on the forum and also chatting to members at meets it became clear that it would be more member friendly to hold the national closer to the POL (we do listen sometimes) so the search for a suitable and fresh venue began. My first contact with Cadbury World was on the 23rd of October so Reebs was correct when he made the post on this thread and there was no intention to deceive.
Hope this answers your question mate and I look forward to seeing you again in a week or so.
Cheers Ian
Your reply doesn't make clear why Paul stated "Less Midland Centric". He (and you) must have known the location of Cadbury World when considering it for a National venue, it's very Midland Centric.
Old 9th November 2015, 08:54   #9
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Your reply doesn't make clear why Paul stated "Less Midland Centric". He (and you) must have known the location of Cadbury World when considering it for a National venue, it's very Midland Centric.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear
As I have said at the time of the post on the 15th of October neither Cadbury World or indeed any other venue in the Midlands area had even been considered for the national, it had been planned to be held at a venue around 100 miles from Birmingham it was only after members (yourself included ) expressed a wish that the national should be close to POL that I started looking at the possibility of a meet in the Midlands area and as I said I didn't start the search in the Midlands until the 23rd of October.
There were no plans to hold the national in the Birmingham area until the 23rd
Hope this makes it clear for you.
Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 9th November 2015 at 09:08..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote