Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2008, 19:08   #11
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Thanks for the help, lads.

Duotones pic has made sense of it, although I think Mike may be right about some sort of "backing plate" being needed.

I'll just build up a few layers of double-sided sticky tape and it should be OK.
CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 20:17   #12
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Interestingly, the Mark 1 badge is exactly the same size and shape as the Facelift. Here's one I fitted to mine.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 09:40   #13
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

i bought a facelift grille badge a while ago and have never fitted it, as it has 2 locating lugs and apparently nowhere for them to locate, it is also extremely thin at about 2/3mm and imo would not look a great deal better than the metal sticker that is currently on.

Having seen the previous post about there being 2 parts to it, i contacted my local MGR dealer and confirmed that there are indeed 2 parts, a backing plate and the badge itself which is presumably where the lugs locate.

I have definitely only got the badge part so have ordered the 2 piece one ( cant buy the backing plate separately ) and will post up some pics when i get it.

Duotones does look as though it stands a bit proud so maybe he had the 2 parts ?

The part number is still DAB00231 cost £21.53 plus vat

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 12:25   #14
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
i bought a facelift grille badge a while ago and have never fitted it, as it has 2 locating lugs and apparently nowhere for them to locate, it is also extremely thin at about 2/3mm and imo would not look a great deal better than the metal sticker that is currently on.

Having seen the previous post about there being 2 parts to it, i contacted my local MGR dealer and confirmed that there are indeed 2 parts, a backing plate and the badge itself which is presumably where the lugs locate.

I have definitely only got the badge part so have ordered the 2 piece one ( cant buy the backing plate separately ) and will post up some pics when i get it.

Duotones does look as though it stands a bit proud so maybe he had the 2 parts ?

The part number is still DAB00231 cost £21.53 plus vat
Ihave fitted the one like Trebor's and it has got two lugs on the back all i did was cut them off and used a heavy glue to fix it on been on for a while now had no probs at all with, they do stick proud thats the way they should be so the men at the top say.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:27   #15
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Got to admit they look good standing proud.
On the MK2's so much better than that awful "label" type one.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote