Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th December 2014, 15:33   #11
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

I can see what you mean Steve, but I have to say when I worked for Welkom Honda, (in South Africa) back in the 80's I had a Demo bike, that I used as a company bike, (one of many) which was a CX500 Custom. I found it so easy to ride in traffic and around town with adequate low end torque, but a bit uncomfortable at high speed, had to really hang on!!! LOL. Was like the one below: (Better photo)...

And here it is with my wife standing next to it pregnant with my son at the time: (And yes, she rode pillion right up until the day before he was born!).

But to carry on from that at one of our launches we had the "TURBO" version! Had the use of it for a couple of days... Down low it was a real slug, but be very aware because when that Turbo kicked-in you had better be ready. It was like a scolded cat!!!
It was real nice looking aswell.....

Here is me on the right and my boss Karl, (Centre) and colleague Colin, (Left) - we had some great laughs....

This was my personal bike at the time, bought it brand new!

Loved riding back in those days, and of course the weather helped! Used to ride from Welkom, (SA) to Harare, (Zim) quite a few times. Couldn't do it now. Could, but would I really want to...???? lol.