Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th March 2007, 12:23   #1
AllanCook

Mg ZT-T 190

Default ZTT SatNav Replacement

I recently took my ZTT to the garage to stop the SatNav hanging. Garage told me that the 'brain' had gone, and that the replacement part would cost me c. £1,500. Baulked at this and went and looked on Ebay, found a used DVD unit, with same part number (YIB000260) for £100. Bought it and replaced unit. Replacement unit seemed to find it hard to get an accurate location of the vehicle, and 'jumped' about when positioning me. Thought it might be a loose GPS cable, but seemed to be in firmly. Then found that my battery had drained. Took it back to garage who told me that the new SatNav unit was draining the battery and disconnected it.

Have a few questions:

1) Does the SatNav always draw power, or should it power down?
2) Does the SatNav require any 'calibration' after fitting, or should it work 'out of the box'?
3) Does anybody know where I can get a reconditioned or reasonably priced replacement unit?

Thanks,

Allan.
AllanCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 15:25   #2
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Welcome to the club

The unit you bought is not DVD based wrong part number for starters
If the red Led is not going out it is faulty send it back.
Yes they do draw power all the time but once the led goes out after two minutes the amount is minor

However because in your case the LED is not going out it is keeping the rest of the system active radio TV tuner etc. hence why the battery goes flat.

Any replacement unit will take time and or a few miles to work out where it is in relation to where it was prior to posting

Only place is from Ebay or via NavTVman also on Ebay plenty of advice here on the forums if you search for it re what to ask
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 15:58   #3
AllanCook

Mg ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Welcome to the club

The unit you bought is not DVD based wrong part number for starters
If the red Led is not going out it is faulty send it back.
Yes they do draw power all the time but once the led goes out after two minutes the amount is minor

However because in your case the LED is not going out it is keeping the rest of the system active radio TV tuner etc. hence why the battery goes flat.

Any replacement unit will take time and or a few miles to work out where it is in relation to where it was prior to posting

Only place is from Ebay or via NavTVman also on Ebay plenty of advice here on the forums if you search for it re what to ask
Thanks Keith,

When you say 'not DVD based', do you mean it's a CD rather than a DVD? The part number was a direct replacement for old unit, so I'm assuming it's the same thing - or am I missing something?

Regarding the SatNav taking timeto work out where it is - yes, gave it plenty of time to locate itself (3 weeks), but when driving it would 'jump' to the next street, then give me wrong instructions because it thought it was on that street.

Bought replacement from Ebay, but may try NavTVman.

Allan,
AllanCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 19:27   #4
colinjyates
Avid contributor

ROVER 75 SALOON

Hi,

I had a similar problem where I would set my position and then it would find me in the next street! It was solved by replacing the GPS aerial.

Regards
colinjyates is offline   Reply With Quote