Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2012, 10:38   #311
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

It used to be said that when america sneezed the UK caught a cold , that sadly is what is now happening here , the english take a hit and we scots suffer more because we cop for the cutbacks .
The un-escapable fact is that the tories under thatcher destroyed our industrial base , we didnt vote tory so we were hammered for it , unemployment creates huge social problems and this country was devastated and a whole generation have never known what work is , thatcherism drove a wedge between our countries that will never be forgotten , i consider the union a sinking ship and personally i want to get off .

Extreme situations need extreme measures and killing the union is the first measure we should take.
People need jobs and in this union those jobs wont appear , dont get me wrong it might not improve with independence and it may get worse but instead of having this watching and waiting scenario we should do it NOW !!!!

And please stop all this alex salmond bashing because we scots aint daft we know what politico,s are like , you might not see the kind of unrest and rioting you saw in england up here but when we need to take action we are well capable of causing a stir .

Lets do this in an amicable fashion.

Last edited by FLYER; 13th January 2012 at 10:52..
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:08   #312
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I see where you coming from now.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:27   #313
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Scottish Banks were as bad as the rest, and so were it's people, or are they all debt free?? And doubtless they all cashed in on the "equity" that the repeated hikes in imaginary house values created..

Nah, we all got mugged, not just the English... And nothing has changed so it will happen again in the near future. I am already being offered new credit cards. The Lunatics are still running the asylum, and no one's going to kick em out...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:10   #314
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
It used to be said that when america sneezed the UK caught a cold , that sadly is what is now happening here , the english take a hit and we scots suffer more because we cop for the cutbacks .
The un-escapable fact is that the tories under thatcher destroyed our industrial base , we didnt vote tory so we were hammered for it , unemployment creates huge social problems and this country was devastated and a whole generation have never known what work is , thatcherism drove a wedge between our countries that will never be forgotten , i consider the union a sinking ship and personally i want to get off .

Extreme situations need extreme measures and killing the union is the first measure we should take.
People need jobs and in this union those jobs wont appear , dont get me wrong it might not improve with independence and it may get worse but instead of having this watching and waiting scenario we should do it NOW !!!!

And please stop all this alex salmond bashing because we scots aint daft we know what politico,s are like , you might not see the kind of unrest and rioting you saw in england up here but when we need to take action we are well capable of causing a stir .

Lets do this in an amicable fashion.
Some good points George - however as James said it was not a problem with Elglish banks alone - one of the biggest 'offender' was RBS - billions were pumped into that venerable Scottish institution. I am afraid that an independant Scotland could not have saved it.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:41   #315
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Scottish Banks were as bad as the rest, and so were it's people, or are they all debt free?? And doubtless they all cashed in on the "equity" that the repeated hikes in imaginary house values created..

Nah, we all got mugged, not just the English... And nothing has changed so it will happen again in the near future. I am already being offered new credit cards. The Lunatics are still running the asylum, and no one's going to kick em out...
The whole population is to blame really. We brought this economic disaster on ourselves from that basic desire; GREED.

We were offered easy loans. We were encouraged by careful marketing to want things that were not necessary in our lives. We have become a 'throwaway' society. ( heavily in debt. )

House prices spiraled out of control fueled by personal greed and the desire for a quick buck. Now there are thousands in a negative equity situation that cannot be resolved in a lifetime !!

House prices were, maybe 25%, of a persons total income. Now that percentage has risen to such a level that the market is stagnating because no-one can afford the deposit let alone the repayments.

It all smacks of bad government in the whole of the country and separation would do nothing to alleviate the poo that we are all in right now.

We have not reached the bottom of this slippery slope and if Scotland got off the train before we reach the next station I think things would be particularly bad up there for quite a long time to come. ( Many years. )

The housing market, which is the greatest problem for anybody living in the UK, will only start to recover when wages rise to a sensible level when compared to house prices and we all know how long that is going to take !!!!

DECADES.

We can all stick together and paddle like mad or settle for the fact that some are going to jump overboard and may never be seen again.

Last edited by COLVERT; 14th January 2012 at 15:30..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:54   #316
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Some good points George - however as James said it was not a problem with Elglish banks alone - one of the biggest 'offender' was RBS - billions were pumped into that venerable Scottish institution. I am afraid that an independant Scotland could not have saved it.
From small beginnings RBS became an international monster , The fact is that like other financial institutions they were given to much freedom by government , Again it comes back to the AMERICAN sneeze scenario , the yanks started this tosh with lending to people with no money , they even gave it a name [SUB PRIME MARKET] fancy eh ???????
Old 13th January 2012, 17:38   #317
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Well, if it happens.... I hope you enjoy spending your Euro's George..
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 17:46   #318
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Well, if it happens.... I hope you enjoy spending your Euro's George..
Oh Poppy !!! Though I guess you do sometimes have to be cruel to be kind.

Turn that knife.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 17:52   #319
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Oh Poppy !!! Though I guess you do sometimes have to be cruel to be kind.

Turn that knife.

LOL. Well, as a new Independent country..they would be legally obliged to prepare themselves to enter the Euro zone.....This is non- negotiable...
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 18:32   #320
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
LOL. Well, as a new Independent country..they would be legally obliged to prepare themselves to enter the Euro zone.....This is non- negotiable...
we will have the Scoto.