Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th November 2012, 18:41   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Rover 75/MG ZT MG7 Double Din DVD GPS Sat Nav stereo system - which ones best?

Hi everyone!

I need some technical help. I am looking at getting my dad a new sat nav stereo system for his Rover 75 for Christmas and have come across two I am interested in, however they both seem to look very similar to me.

I have provided pictures of the two I am interested in below:

2 Din In Car DVD/GPS Player FOR MG/ROVER 75

2 Din DVD/GPS/NAVI Player FOR ROVER MG/75

To me these two look almost exactly the same. I've had a quick read through the descriptions and they both seem the same to me.

Would anyone be able to explain the difference between these two systems to me please?

Also, can anyone help me with the following questions?
1. Will these work with my steering wheel controls? (or will I have to buy extra parts to get it to work?)
2. can I connect my ipod to these systems so that I can play my ipod through the stereo?
3. Do these play mp4 data disks?
4. I have seen that you can connect a reverse parking camera which turns on when you put the car into reverse, does this come with the sat nav system or do you have to purchase and install this separately?
5. To they come with the sat nav/GPS already installed?
6. are these easy and simple to install?

Basically, I would just like to know which ones best and has the best quality sound and best features, and I need one that has ipod connectivity and will play data disks

which one would you recommend?

And does anyone know where the best place is to get hold of one of these? Cheapest place I've found is ebay

Would really appreciate your replies.

Many thanks in advance!
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 19:16   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Thread moved to ICE forum.

These units look very similar to the units sold by Radioguy who is a trader in this club.

Have a wee look at his shop
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 02:26   #3
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Hi everyone!

I need some technical help. I am looking at getting my dad a new sat nav stereo system for his Rover 75 for Christmas and have come across two I am interested in, however they both seem to look very similar to me.

I have provided pictures of the two I am interested in below:

2 Din In Car DVD/GPS Player FOR MG/ROVER 75

2 Din DVD/GPS/NAVI Player FOR ROVER MG/75

To me these two look almost exactly the same. I've had a quick read through the descriptions and they both seem the same to me.

Would anyone be able to explain the difference between these two systems to me please?

Also, can anyone help me with the following questions?
1. Will these work with my steering wheel controls? (or will I have to buy extra parts to get it to work?)
2. can I connect my ipod to these systems so that I can play my ipod through the stereo?
3. Do these play mp4 data disks?
4. I have seen that you can connect a reverse parking camera which turns on when you put the car into reverse, does this come with the sat nav system or do you have to purchase and install this separately?
5. To they come with the sat nav/GPS already installed?
6. are these easy and simple to install?

Basically, I would just like to know which ones best and has the best quality sound and best features, and I need one that has ipod connectivity and will play data disks

which one would you recommend?

And does anyone know where the best place is to get hold of one of these? Cheapest place I've found is ebay

Would really appreciate your replies.

Many thanks in advance!
Rick

Hi Rick

I Am the trader that Simondi is mentioning above

First I would like to invite you to our website
www.autogpsdvds.com

Welcome to our little corner of the web...

The Top one in your Posting we sell but there has been a change (Most think improvement) in the Menus, We announced it last week Here :
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=128593
We have sold about 700 Units Mostly in the UK And Western Europe of that Model and have started with the new Menued units as of now.

I Have an FAQ Section on the website as well concerning that unit.
Click Here

AS for the Second unit , We COULD Sell it But I Will NOT. Service and after sales responses and support from the factory and engineers was horrendous, not to mention that we had about a 30-35% failure rate compared to about 2-3% on the top pictured unit. You can read the Forum experience with that second unit here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=73159

AS for your Questions I Will respond to the top unit only as the bottom unit I am afraid I would rather not deal with.

1/ Yes , It will interface with both INFRARED as well as Direct wired Steering wheel controls.

2/. To the Ipod question the answer is yes. It interfaces with your IPOD .

3/ MPEG4 Discs , Yes But you will probably opt to use the USB or the SD Card , Much better, cleaner and more storage.

4/. Cameras are Separate purchase and we have for both the Tourer and Saloons.

5/. The Sat Nav is Pre-installed. The Sat Nav works from a dedicated GPS Card Slot. We also have a Special One for the UK Which includes Skins and POI's as well as Speed Cams and More. It is called the TONY FRY Card (After its developer ) who is also a member here on the forum.

6/. They are easy to install, We have many members willing to contribute help both here online and some even offline. I have a Complete list of users and can make contact. I also have Pictorials to simplify the installation which for most DIY'ers is about a 1 hour job. If you run into snags we will be here to help.

We offer Map Updates from time to time and we are also paid and long time members here on the forum with many references.

I Hope that I have answered your questions adequately . If you have More, want more photos or information, please feel free to contact me. My email is [email protected]

Cheers and Good Luck with whatever your choice is!

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 10:20   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi Rick,

Your the second person I wish I had spoken to before yesterday as we had a nano meet near Dartford http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...22#post1138022
and you could have come along and had a play with my Radio Guy double din
Anyhow, if you do fancy taking a look at one I'm not too far away in Sunny Clacton, Essex

Sean ( Radioguy ) is a good person to deal with and has great service and back up on here as well

Last edited by coolcat; 12th November 2012 at 10:25..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 17:41   #5
TheSamPeople
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Club SE

Do you need the vul100330 cable for your system?
TheSamPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 19:56   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSamPeople View Post
Do you need the vul100330 cable for your system?
Sean's units come with Iso leads as standard some of our cars are Iso some use the BMW lead in which case you will need a BMW to Iso interface lead
Old 12th November 2012, 20:03   #7
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Rick,

Your the second person I wish I had spoken to before yesterday as we had a nano meet near Dartford http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...22#post1138022
Anyhow, if you do fancy taking a look at one I'm not too far away in Sunny Clacton, Essex

Sean ( Radioguy ) is a good person to deal with and has great service and back up on here as well
Hi Jeff,

Ah that's a shame! I'm literally 15 mins away from Dartford. Out of the two double dins pictured in my thread, which one do you have?

Good to meet another member from Essex! Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind if I need to see one for real before buying one.... currently been watching examples on youtube aha.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rick
Old 12th November 2012, 20:21   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Rick,

Hi Jeff,

Ah that's a shame! I'm literally 15 mins away from Dartford. Out of the two double dins pictured in my thread, which one do you have?

Good to meet another member from Essex! Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind if I need to see one for real before buying one.... currently been watching examples on youtube aha.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rick
Old 12th November 2012, 21:23   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi Rick

I Am the trader that Simondi is mentioning above

First I would like to invite you to our website
www.autogpsdvds.com

Welcome to our little corner of the web...

The Top one in your Posting we sell but there has been a change (Most think improvement) in the Menus, We announced it last week Here :
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=128593
We have sold about 700 Units Mostly in the UK And Western Europe of that Model and have started with the new Menued units as of now.

I Have an FAQ Section on the website as well concerning that unit.
Click Here

AS for the Second unit , We COULD Sell it But I Will NOT. Service and after sales responses and support from the factory and engineers was horrendous, not to mention that we had about a 30-35% failure rate compared to about 2-3% on the top pictured unit. You can read the Forum experience with that second unit here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=73159

AS for your Questions I Will respond to the top unit only as the bottom unit I am afraid I would rather not deal with.

1/ Yes , It will interface with both INFRARED as well as Direct wired Steering wheel controls.

2/. To the Ipod question the answer is yes. It interfaces with your IPOD .

3/ MPEG4 Discs , Yes But you will probably opt to use the USB or the SD Card , Much better, cleaner and more storage.

4/. Cameras are Separate purchase and we have for both the Tourer and Saloons.

5/. The Sat Nav is Pre-installed. The Sat Nav works from a dedicated GPS Card Slot. We also have a Special One for the UK Which includes Skins and POI's as well as Speed Cams and More. It is called the TONY FRY Card (After its developer ) who is also a member here on the forum.

6/. They are easy to install, We have many members willing to contribute help both here online and some even offline. I have a Complete list of users and can make contact. I also have Pictorials to simplify the installation which for most DIY'ers is about a 1 hour job. If you run into snags we will be here to help.

We offer Map Updates from time to time and we are also paid and long time members here on the forum with many references.

I Hope that I have answered your questions adequately . If you have More, want more photos or information, please feel free to contact me. My email is [email protected]

Cheers and Good Luck with whatever your choice is!

Sean
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. Thanks for the advice regarding the second unit, I will be sure to avoid that one. I will have a look through all the information you have sent me.

And thanks for answering those questions for me!

Many thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.

Kind regards
Rick
Old 12th November 2012, 21:48   #10
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Hi Jeff,

Thank you.

Regards,
Rick

Hi Rick

Coolcat has the same unit , Actually if you want to see one , there are several near you , I could make contact.

I Also have an ALMOST new one there , with Coolcat that he may be able to Install while you are there if you go to visit !

Cheers

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote