Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th July 2016, 16:04   #1
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default Disappointing Scrap Yard Trip Today

Hello all,

I nipped over to my local preferred scrapper today in Red Lodge near Bury St. Edmunds to take the parking sensors and loom off a 53 plate CDTi 75 Tourer that I'd seen there last week, but couldn't get into it then because only the driver's door was unlocked and it had a Ford Mondeo stacked against it.

They kindly moved it for me today but try as I might I couldn't get the tailgate open! It had the keys with it and I fitted a good battery, however I'm guessing that it must have had a water-damaged ECU because with the ignition off the alarm light flashed quickly, in time with a relay somewhere behind the dash, and turning the key illuminated a few warning lights but didn't turn on the bottom half of the IPK or indeed do anything else.

I tried the unlock button on the centre console, the key, and manually locking/unlocking the driver's door, but couldn't trigger the central locking to open the other doors.

In then end I had to admit defeat - without being able to get the tailgate open I couldn't get the bumper off and therefore left empty-handed. Grrr!

Is there anything else I should have tried?
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 16:11   #2
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The manual release is in the 'cubby box' in the tailgate, in one corner is a plastic tag attached to a cord, pulling the cord will release the tailgate.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 17:21   #3
Elliott
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

As Raykay said, climb over the back seat and the cubby box/ warning triangle holder recess is in front of you, pull the flap down and just pull on the plastic cable (should be clipped into place in the cubby box, but there usually just hanging there!) and the whole tailgate will just open, or if not possible to get into the car see if the breakers will smash a side window or the tailgate window! bit extreme but if the situation calls for it
Old 29th July 2016, 19:31   #4
Mgt16
Trader

Mg zt-t

I'm breaking a car with rear parking sensors if that's any help
Mgt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 22:19   #5
olliesgrandad
Loves to post

mg zt

Thats not too far from me will have to have a ride over, i need a bit from a petrol engine loom with the manifold pressure 4 pin plug plus a bit of the wireing
olliesgrandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 18:10   #6
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Thanks for the replies chaps - I'll know for next time. In this case I don't think I'd have climbed into the car as it was full of broken glass and pretty filthy inside.
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote