Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th April 2016, 18:50   #1
boink
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Car radio advice needed

Fitted a new Pioneer stereo in place of a high line unit in my 75 Tourer a few months back..and struggled to get radio reception. I ran the aerial lead from the front head unit all the way to the box on the bottom of the box attached to the car body of the boot on drivers side. When I switched the radio on I couldn't tune into anything and its been CDs ever since. Not sure if I might have needed to add an inline ISO to DIN adapter.

I think I either need a garage to sort this out or a very simple diagram or instructions. I'm no electrical technician that's for sure. I'm in Stone, outside of Stoke so if anyone has a fitter in mind I'd be grateful. All I want is 5 live and maybe a bit of Radio 4.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
boink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:19   #2
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by boink View Post
Fitted a new Pioneer stereo in place of a high line unit in my 75 Tourer a few months back..and struggled to get radio reception. I ran the aerial lead from the front head unit all the way to the box on the bottom of the box attached to the car body of the boot on drivers side. When I switched the radio on I couldn't tune into anything and its been CDs ever since. Not sure if I might have needed to add an inline ISO to DIN adapter.

I think I either need a garage to sort this out or a very simple diagram or instructions. I'm no electrical technician that's for sure. I'm in Stone, outside of Stoke so if anyone has a fitter in mind I'd be grateful. All I want is 5 live and maybe a bit of Radio 4.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
This is the aerial lead you have to extend to your new head unit.

The Radio unit is located in the spare wheel well.

Some Tourers do suffer from bad reception due to damage to the aerial elements being in the off side load area window.

The aerial amplifier is located above the off side load window.

Check that you have 12v and a good earth to the amp.

You can see the aerial elements in this picture.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:46   #3
boink
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I'd got as far as extending a lead to the box as shown in picture 1 but I have no idea where that blue box is situated. I guess it feeds into the sharks fin aerial? I think I need to finds smeone with a bit more confidence/experience than me..or one of those aerials that fits on your windscreen.

Ta for getting back with the pictures.
Old 6th April 2016, 20:25   #4
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by boink View Post
I'd got as far as extending a lead to the box as shown in picture 1 but I have no idea where that blue box is situated. I guess it feeds into the sharks fin aerial? I think I need to finds smeone with a bit more confidence/experience than me..or one of those aerials that fits on your windscreen.

Ta for getting back with the pictures.
The sharks fin aerial is only for the sat nav and has nothing to do with radio reception.

As I posted above, the radio aerial is located in the offside load window elements and the aerial amp is located above the load window under the roof lining.

Dave T
Old 7th April 2016, 17:02   #5
boink
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks Dave.

The radio worked before so I'd assume the aerial amplifier lead is connected. I did have to splice a female connector onto the new aerial lead running from the front unit (to connect to the off-side boot box), so I'll take another look at that. The CD side, speakers etc are fine.
Old 7th April 2016, 17:02   #6
boink
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I'll take a look at the amp connections too in case I've pulled something loose.
Old 7th April 2016, 17:45   #7
Duotone
This is my second home

The aerial connection on the tourer with the hi line system runs from the aerial amp [located above the off side load window] to the radio unit [located in the spare wheel well].

The new route for your aerial is from the aerial amp to the spare wheel well and a new extention lead to the center consol and your new head unit.

Just a picture to help.

Dave T