Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th October 2017, 06:22   #21
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I'm full of admiration for anyone who quits cold turkey, I find though that folk who have never smoked are more tolerant to smokers than those who quit cold turkey..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 07:10   #22
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Ian, you should be saving for your new EV, not buying guitars.

Well done for quitting smoking the sensible way, cold-turkey is the only way to quit the dreadful habit.

LOL that was before I decided I'll have an EV Wes, My BEV fund keeps taking a hit though as the bank of Mam & Dad never closes I should have kept it secret. I was in Wigan yesterday putting some more dosh into the account, Around next Spring when the 2018 Leaf model is in full swing I'm hoping to take advantage of a glut of ex-lease Gen 1 leafs on the market

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 15:42   #23
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I packed up on Feb 13th 2016,I have to admit I needed some help ,I went to the Dr and he gave me a course of the patches,I supplemented this with vaping until June 2016 when I stopped vaping as well.

I believe that vaping should be used as an aid to help people stop smoking,but not to be used as an alternative.

I went through the mangle and back again,but I never had another fag,my main problem has been the increase in my weight,I put on a stone and a half and even now it seems difficult to get rid of.

The main thing is you will be able to stop if you want to,if a vape give you comfort that's fine,but to finish the journey try to ditch the vape as well,you have done the difficult bit by giving up the fags

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 17:34   #24
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

I used to own, and made a fair amount of money, out of a niche vaping business - honestly you really don't have to look like a steam engine to enjoy it - that's just being 'cool' apparently

Producing huge 'clouds' is also actually no more healthy than smoking (I've seen unpublished research on it) and any time I tried it it always gave me the smokers cough back too
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 18:32   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
my main problem has been the increase in my weight,I put on a stone and a half and even now it seems difficult to get rid of.
I fully expected that, but it just didn't happen. I have had no negative effects what so ever, everything was very, very positive.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 18:45   #26
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Never

I have never smoked. Not one. However I take my hat off to you guys and girls that have managed to give it up. Giving up any long term thing like that is very difficult.

Well done all ......and your costing our lovely government taxes too...double bonus!

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 21:33   #27
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Well done all ......and your costing our lovely government taxes too...double bonus!

Chris
and that is the crux of it. The nicotine trap. Secretly the government and the whole nicotine industry don't want people to stop smoking, too much money in it. So they brainwash people into thinking they're sooooo addicted they can't stop.....at least not without replacing their addiction with something else.....soething else containing nicotine.....

Allen Carr explains it brilliantly in his book 'the easy way to stop smoking'. Anyone who's still struggling and really, really wants to stop should give it a read.
Old 26th October 2017, 21:45   #28
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL that was before I decided I'll have an EV Wes, My BEV fund keeps taking a hit though as the bank of Mam & Dad never closes I should have kept it secret. I was in Wigan yesterday putting some more dosh into the account, Around next Spring when the 2018 Leaf model is in full swing I'm hoping to take advantage of a glut of ex-lease Gen 1 leafs on the market
Lol, I know what you mean Ian, my eldest daughter has just gone off to UNI, the Bank of Mum & Dad seems to have opened 24/7.

We went to visit last week, and was greeted with this... This is what 6 girls get up to.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171022_214639 600x338.jpg (84.1 KB, 20 views)
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 09:01   #29
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

^^^Know that feeling, have my daughter in Paris doing her 1 year abroad, she never runs out of money though, I did help her with accommodation in Bristol when the agents were taking the Peee..

Now for son who is at Ruskin uni in Cambridge, managed to blow the entire budget in just over 4 weeks..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 12:08   #30
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
and that is the crux of it. The nicotine trap. Secretly the government and the whole nicotine industry don't want people to stop smoking, too much money in it. So they brainwash people into thinking they're sooooo addicted they can't stop.....at least not without replacing their addiction with something else.....soething else containing nicotine.....

Allen Carr explains it brilliantly in his book 'the easy way to stop smoking'. Anyone who's still struggling and really, really wants to stop should give it a read.
The thing about nicotine is that it isn't actually any more dangerous to your health than caffeine, nor is it actually any more addictive really. The dangerous part is how you get the nicotine into your system and there are lots of hidden ingredients in cigarettes that are actually the addictive components.

From personal experience; I used to smoke about 30 a day until I discovered vaping and I haven't smoked a single cigarette for over 7 years now. I can go for weeks at a time without vaping and it doesn't really bother me at all.... unless I get a little too drunk.... that would have been unimaginable if I still smoked as after about 6 hours I would have done almost anything to find a cigarette.

Is vaping 'safe'? no, of course not, human lungs were designed to breathe air and nothing else - why do I still vape then? quite simply because I enjoy it in the same way I enjoy a drink every now and again, a strong cup of real coffee in the morning and the occasional cake.

Life is too short to worry about everything being 'safe', after all what is deemed safe today will probably be discovered not to be tomorrow

The Allen Carr book worked for my sister, she bought me a copy and I read it, thought 'yeah, I knew that' and carried on smoking

Save

Last edited by mystabe; 27th October 2017 at 12:14..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote