Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th October 2017, 18:05   #11
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

My missus vapes & she has a hacking cough when sleeping which worries me, I wish she could give up the vaping. We redecorated the house and had new furniture around three years ago & she said I'm not going to smoke indoors anymore and took up vaping.

I gave up smoking cold turkey over 7 years ago after decades of smoking and can honestly say it's one of best things I ever did for my health & pocket.

I've saved an absolute fortune since packing the fags in & bought some nice guitars.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 19:01   #12
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
Same. I stopped 9 years ago after 20 years smoking....no patches, gum, whatever. Best thing I ever did. As soon as fags broke the £5 a pack barrier I said enough is enough. I'm just glad I stopped before vaping was available or I may have been tempted. I don't trust those things at all, at least we know the risks with smoking.
Had a bit of smile to myself when I read lady zed says when they broke £5, many years ago me and a pal smoked senior service, we said one night in the pub.."If fags hit 7 shillings and 6 d we would quit" lol...
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 19:04   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

This..

.. says it all I think.

I was doing 20, 25, 30 a day and for most of my adult life - 55 years. It didn't really affect me health wise at all. I had no cough then, I have none now. I was mostly fed up of the money I was wasting, the tar stains on everything and the inconvenience it was causing me. I don't think I really smoked, but I would always have a ciggy burning away - maybe why I found it so easy to give them up.

My vaping costs are negligible and in my opinion the risk too. I think they will be struggling to find any health downside at all.

Jean managed to stop smoking for several months, then went back to them, ten a day she admits to. She has a terrible cough. She never gave vaping a fair chance, not using decent equipment, not finding a liquid which she liked.

Me - I really haven't missed ciggies at all. Vaping is a much better replacement - something to do with my hands, I can do it almost anywhere, no damaged decorations, no dog ends all over the place, no ashtrays and I can just put it in my pocket when I have had enough.

Really, I am just not seeing that many people smoking any more, but I see plenty vaping - which was rare to see when I first started just three years ago.

One thing which does bother me, so many places class vaping with smoking and expect those vaping to go out where the smokers go, like JD Wetherspoon. If those vaping must vape outside, then they ought to have an area away from the smokers, free of the smell of smoke.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 19:51   #14
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

I gave up smoking cold turkey over 7 years ago after decades of smoking and can honestly say it's one of best things I ever did for my health & pocket.

I've saved an absolute fortune since packing the fags in & bought some nice guitars.
Ian, you should be saving for your new EV, not buying guitars.

Well done for quitting smoking the sensible way, cold-turkey is the only way to quit the dreadful habit.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 20:11   #15
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Well done for anyone who has quit smoking, be it through switching to vapes or stopping completely. Quitting an addiction is a hard thing to do and anyone that has does it successfully should be proud of themselves.
Old 25th October 2017, 20:57   #16
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

I hope I am not overly intollerant of other peoples pleasures. But regarding vaping I dont like being frequently enveloped in a cloud of exhaust. vapour when walking through town. I accept that as far as is known there are contaminants in the vapour. I suppose it is just the visible aspect of such a great cloud which seems to spread instantly giving no chance of avoidance to anyone in close proximity.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 21:10   #17
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Apologies, my above comment should have said no contaminants in vapour.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 21:22   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy View Post
I hope I am not overly intollerant of other peoples pleasures. But regarding vaping I dont like being frequently enveloped in a cloud of exhaust. vapour when walking through town. I accept that as far as is known there are no contaminants in the vapour. I suppose it is just the visible aspect of such a great cloud which seems to spread instantly giving no chance of avoidance to anyone in close proximity.
My edit of the above..

I am the same, I find other people's great clouds offensive and unnecessary. Not something I would do in public or in private. I find I can actually smell the vapour.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 25th October 2017 at 21:51..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 21:34   #19
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I quit ciggies four years ago. At the time, 20 a day at £7 a pack was nigh on £200 a month.
After three months I saved enough (£600) and bought Jasper my 75.

Now that's money well spent, and what a car he has been, and still is.

Never touched a fag since....well, it would stain Jaspers headlining.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 22:19   #20
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

The wife smoked and gave up 3 years ago and started vaping. I quite enjoyed the experience and got well into the technical side, making coils ,stripping and cleaning tanks, all quite interesting. She never felt better and dropped down the nicotine levels till she was vaping 0 nicotine. Two months ago she even stopped vaping and hasn't bothered since. So for someone I thought would never pack in the cigs I think it was a great move.
I researched it loads and came to the conclusion that the only people banging on about how bad for you vaping is were those that were about to lose loads of money.To be honest I now seem to see more vaping than smoking, I have no problem in a room full of vapers,I like the different smells, it's good fun trying to guess the flavors. If you're still smoking then I'd give vaping a go, things have come a long way in the last 5 years, you will save a fortune have some fun and may even be vape free in a few years.

Blackrose
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote