Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th October 2017, 07:57   #21
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Flying Banana has her own page on Facebook which she looks after. I'm on there as well as I find it great to keep in touch with ex-workers and old friends.
It was through Facebook that the first owner of Banana tracked me down and we've been friends ever since. And yes, he wants her back.

All groups will have the good and bad. Not compulsory to join any group, your choice to say no. People will always talk behind your back, but that's been going on for thousands of years.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 08:00   #22
RoverRobson
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Flying Banana has her own page on Facebook which she looks after. I'm on there as well as I find it great to keep in touch with ex-workers and old friends.

It was through Facebook that the first owner of Banana tracked me down and we've been friends ever since. And yes, he wants her back.

All groups will have the good and bad. Not compulsory to join any group, your choice to say no. People will always talk behind your back, but that's been going on for thousands of years.

Now I know I have you on Facebook

MG ZT-T SE Sports Auto 2.5 V6 180 Monogram Twilight - 1 of 1 Built

"The Purple One"
RoverRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 08:28   #23
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Name the facebook groups so people can stay away

I remember a few years back one facebook group tried to bring the forum down,their plot was foiled,and they all got banned.

Probably the same people

I was a member of most facebook rover groups but I left them,now I am only a member of special closed group which is by invitation only,a small group of friends who like a chat without the fear of moderation.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 08:32   #24
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I must be about the only person in the UK who is not on Facebook, is Facebook moderated in anyway or is it just a free for all ?
I've never looked at facebook and only have seen other forms of media as "killing" off conventional forums.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 08:53   #25
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Name the facebook groups so people can stay away

I remember a few years back one facebook group tried to bring the forum down,their plot was foiled,and they all got banned.

Probably the same people

I was a member of most facebook rover groups but I left them,now I am only a member of special closed group which is by invitation only,a small group of friends who like a chat without the fear of moderation.
There was a cull, screenshots from Facebook of what that group was saying against the OC, its members and the owner were published on this site. They hoisted their own petard and were banned from the club. Perhaps there needs to be another cull...
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 12:23   #26
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I've never looked at facebook and only have seen other forms of media as "killing" off conventional forums.
Things move on and we can’t stop things developing. I’m very selective who I interact with on Facebook and if there’s any sign of conflict I stop commenting
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 13:43   #27
Gold MGF Gaz

ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Things move on and we can’t stop things developing. I’m very selective who I interact with on Facebook and if there’s any sign of conflict I stop commenting
What worries me Les, is I'm a member of many many MGR groups on Facebook, and an admin & mod of some, but I wasn't active in the 75/ZT circles when all this kicked off & I don't play politics, if some I talk to try to involve me I simply sit on the fence. That said I don't want to be removed from here just because I'm in the "wrong group" on Facebbok. Do you know what I mean?
Gold MGF Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 14:04   #28
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold MGF Gaz View Post
What worries me Les, is I'm a member of many many MGR groups on Facebook, and an admin & mod of some, but I wasn't active in the 75/ZT circles when all this kicked off & I don't play politics, if some I talk to try to involve me I simply sit on the fence. That said I don't want to be removed from here just because I'm in the "wrong group" on Facebbok. Do you know what I mean?
I know exactly what you’re saying, when it all kicked off years ago I tried to calm things between here and the FB group but what a waste of time that was and certainly wouldn’t defend anyone ever again then get caught in the crossfire
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 15:30   #29
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

No-one should be charged guilty by association. I'm more than likely in the aforementioned group but I've seen nothing, I'm in sooooo many groups I don't catch most of what's going on. Facebook is a law unto itself, unfortunately there are a ton of eegits on it but I certainly wouldn't take it personally roverrobson and I wouldn't leave because of it. Facebook hands' out bans like sweeties at a 3 year olds party. I got reported once for posting a photo of an old bloke walking along a beach with a thong and a set of fairy wings!!!! It was funny but clearly someone disagreed ha ha
Old 11th October 2017, 18:26   #30
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

So, I've just seen a man shouting rather incoherently into one of his kids pyjama cases which he has seen fit to put on his head and then hit every panel on his car with an axe?

Whatever gets you through the day obviously but not knowing/caring about the back story it just looks........ errrm rather silly?
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote