Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th August 2017, 08:06   #31
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

[QUOTE=clf;2533858]this is why I would suggest open sides to the canopy, along with a folding (or exploding - as in the SLS mercedes with gull wing doors, once it turns beyond a certain angle, they auto trigger blowing the hinges apart) side flap each side of the driver. This would allow a driver to crawl out the side in the event of it being upside down.

I would envisage an issue with arms flailing about, though, when the car would be rotating.

The thing about these canopies, they only need to deflect or retard the debris enough not to cause injury, perhaps some kind of deformation would be good too.

the images below show what I mean by open side, and the shaded area blowing out if it reached perhaps 90 degrees.

I really like the look of that! very sleek and modern looking (F1 is supposed to be cutting edge tech after all)

The blow out panel would improve things but it still wouldn't be as easy to get out of as a current car.

This is a good discussion on the subjecthttphttp://www.racecar-engineering.c...pits-to-f1/://

It raises a good point, I wouldn't like to be stuck in a closed cockpit car for 2 hours in 40 degree heat at one of the middle east races
LeMans prototypes have air conditioning apparently, I did not know that!
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote