Notices

Old 27th November 2014, 07:34   #31
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
Are you ranting about the issuing of the document and that there is no need for it, and its been issued for PC purposes?

Or the fact that a mixed race mother and daughter were used in the photo and you think that photo was chosen for PC purposes?

Or that the photo bears no relation to the document, (in which case, I cannot fathom the PC brigade comment, as thats a marketing error)

Anyway, if its the photo, as someone who creates this kind of marketing stuff, you do tend to go for what we call "generic" to try and appeal to the broadest sectors, and I suppose reflect society, this isn't done through some misguided sense of PC as you call it, its to make the document appeal to more people, particularly if you are selling stuff.

Sounds like they missed the topic on this one though given the document title.
Simon
I realize that stock pictures are used, and I agree they have missed the topic, I think this is the wrong choice because the subject is far from keeping "families" happy; The use of mixed race models, is in my opinion, to satisfy the PC brigade, and not necessary.

Again, I add, this is my opinion. (and some time ago I would not need to add such a comment)
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote