Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th April 2012, 14:53   #21
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I don't understand why the judicial rules in Jordan, are seen as a valid reason to prevent us sending the man back??

If the EUCHR are not happy with Jordan's rules, take it up with them. AFTER we have sent the bloke back!!!

The "legal" objections the EUCHR are presenting are at best, extremely flimsy, and sound more like they were dreampt up by the "insanely politaly confused party"...

If we are going to elect an entirely new political party into office, may i request that one of their policies be, to remove our so-called Aristocracy and return all the land they stole to the local peasants they stole it from. After all, they did it in Australia and the USA innit..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 15:34   #22
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Since when was Jordan part of Europe? The EUCHR are sticking their noses in things that don't concern them. It's upto the UN to sort Jordan out. I suppose the EUCHR would prefer to see Bin Laden & Saddam Hussein behind bars rather than being 6ft under. They're a joke imo.
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 15:48   #23
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Sorry to be pedantic but it's not the EUHCR

It's European Court of Human Rights

http://www.echr.coe.int/ECHR/EN/Header/The+Court/Introduction/Information+documents/

And yes get shot of him.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 17:27   #24
Loves to post

Black ROVER 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintstone View Post
Couldn't agree more.. we need to be more like the Australians.

I vote we have large signs at all ports and stamp all passports with the legend 'Fit in or PLEASE DO NOT CIRCUMVENT THE SWEAR FILTER Off'. This is Britain and if people don't like it then go elsewhere or back from where you came.
Don't get me wrong if someone wants to come here abide by our laws, pay our taxes and be a contributing member of our society then welcome but if not then I just don't want to know.
Must be rant day on the forums!
Having had my post edited.. apparently you can't put stars in (I was under the apparently misguided belief that most Rover owners were adults) and having been spoken to like a naughty school boy which I don't appreciate. . I have requested that my account be closed. I shall continue to enjoy my 75 but from now on it will be by myself!
..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 17:41   #25
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Awww Flinty me boy, Please don't chuck your toys about. Living in Sandbach you are very close the the North West meeting place Nr Warrington. It would be great if you could pop along and join us..

I know the rules are a pain at times, and sometime possibly too zealously enforced, but don't let it bug you, lifes too short to waste time being annoyed innit..

Come to our next meet and moan to us about it.. lol...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 17:56   #26
Loves to post

Black ROVER 75

I have been accused by a mod of deliberately trying to circumvent the swear filter because I put stars in place of letters. I chose to put the stars in rather than type the word and cause offense.
Apparently that makes me a bad person!
end of story.
..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 18:18   #27
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
I have been accused by a mod of deliberately trying to circumvent the swear filter because I put stars in place of letters. I chose to put the stars in rather than type the word and cause offense.
end of story.
Flintstone: Don't be dismayed, there are multiple examples of editing of carefully composed posts, most of which are explainable by differing opinions of what is acceptable (mine included). I bet all the mods sometimes would disagree with each other! Assume the best of intentions, agree to differ.

There's more to be gained by putting your view - forceful or otherwise. Your 'editing' wasn't as bad as one above although it took the form of posting an attempt at a correction of a well-used acronym (EUHCR rather than EUCHR) it did not offend. Incidentally, having read several edicts from that European court, I can confirm that my acronym is rather well known. Everyone knows what was meant!

Stick with it!

Last edited by wraymond; 20th April 2012 at 18:22..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 18:23   #28
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
end of story.
come on fred , what would barney say if you stopped posting

If you feel the need to type a rude word just do it and the filter takes it out .

get back in the saddle and let us have your input and opinions
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 20:05   #29
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
end of story.
It didn't offend me fella. I was just beginning to enjoy your input
Some ******* idiot has just turned up, 2 doors up, and they are digging the road up - at this time o night! Go on mo - sort it out.
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 14:26   #30
Brigus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club CDT Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
There's more to be gained by putting your view - forceful or otherwise. Your 'editing' wasn't as bad as one above although it took the form of posting an attempt at a correction of a well-used acronym (EUHCR rather than EUCHR) it did not offend. Incidentally, having read several edicts from that European court, I can confirm that my acronym is rather well known. Everyone knows what was meant!

Stick with it!
I suspect Borg Warner was meaning to correct the common misconception that the European Court of Human Rights is part of the EU (it isn't)

(by the way - I agree the whole thing has been a farce)

Last edited by Brigus; 21st April 2012 at 14:38.. Reason: adding another 2p worth
Brigus is offline   Reply With Quote