Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2017, 19:26   #31
versus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 Auto, 2000 year

Crazy race, but nice Biggest headline for the day is a McLaren in the points and Stroll on podium
versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 19:27   #32
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I am not convinced there wasnt a purposeful delay in his acceleration to destabilise those behind him.
Good job the stewards can look at all the camera views as well as the telemetry data before making their decisions and showing he did nothing of the sort then.

The lead driver controls the speed of this following - Seb messed up and it seems that he's got off quite lightly.
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 19:50   #33
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintee View Post
Good job the stewards can look at all the camera views as well as the telemetry data before making their decisions and showing he did nothing of the sort then.

The lead driver controls the speed of this following - Seb messed up and it seems that he's got off quite lightly.
Exactly he did nothing. You can see it very clearly from the incar shot of Hamiltons car. When a driver exits a corner, even under (real) safety car conditions, they accelerate, even a little, they do not have to, but they do. As he is controlling the pace, he also has an obligation to those behind him, keeping them moving is one of those obligations. As I said he did nothing against the rules, but he is hypocritical to call Vettel unsporting.

Seb did indeed mess up, Seb did indeed see the red mist, and has been punished for it (not enough if you ask me). But Hamilton is very clever to remain within the rules. He has become a master of edging drivers off the track, whilst remaining within the rules. The only time it becomes illegal, is when someone does it to him. Took Rosberg too long to learn that. I have no time for Hamilton because of that, and is not worthy to be a role model either. He is however, worthy to be in formula 1 in my opinion.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 19:53   #34
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Well I'm watching Nascar from Sonoma & they're actually going left & right on a proper race track Rather good fun
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 20:26   #35
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Exactly he did nothing. You can see it very clearly from the incar shot of Hamiltons car. When a driver exits a corner, even under (real) safety car conditions, they accelerate, even a little, they do not have to, but they do. As he is controlling the pace, he also has an obligation to those behind him, keeping them moving is one of those obligations. As I said he did nothing against the rules, but he is hypocritical to call Vettel unsporting.

Seb did indeed mess up, Seb did indeed see the red mist, and has been punished for it (not enough if you ask me). But Hamilton is very clever to remain within the rules. He has become a master of edging drivers off the track, whilst remaining within the rules. The only time it becomes illegal, is when someone does it to him. Took Rosberg too long to learn that. I have no time for Hamilton because of that, and is not worthy to be a role model either. He is however, worthy to be in formula 1 in my opinion.

Seems he can do nothing to please you... He had no responsibility to accelerate out of the corner and was well within his rights to just maintain his pace... The stewards have stated he did nothing out of the ordinary and certainly did not brake test Seb and in fact this time he drove in the same manner as the previous 2 restarts. This was Seb's fault 100%, he was caught out and expected Hamilton to scamper away and when he didn't he ran into the back of him. His further actions by driving alonside and hitting Hamilton's car should have deserved a disqualification imo.
With you saying you have no time for Hamilton for basically driving within the rules merely shows your bias.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 20:40   #36
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

It seems like the old rules still apply, you can't penalised a Red car.

Vettel has got it wrong this time but it too strong headed to admit anything.

Very exiting race BTW
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 21:03   #37
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Seems he can do nothing to please you... He had no responsibility to accelerate out of the corner and was well within his rights to just maintain his pace... The stewards have stated he did nothing out of the ordinary and certainly did not brake test Seb and in fact this time he drove in the same manner as the previous 2 restarts. This was Seb's fault 100%, he was caught out and expected Hamilton to scamper away and when he didn't he ran into the back of him. His further actions by driving alonside and hitting Hamilton's car should have deserved a disqualification imo.
With you saying you have no time for Hamilton for basically driving within the rules merely shows your bias.
lol

I feel your anger of my opinion of Hamilton has clouded your ability to read my comments in full? You are almost correct, though. The only thing Hamilton could do right now would be to leave lol (I do NOT really think that by the way!). Hamilton is too into self promotion for my taste, simply too arrogant to be considered a 'sportsman', and in no position to complain.

In this particular incident I have stated a couple of times now, that Vettel deserved more punishment (after initially giving the benefit of the doubt early on). I have never said Hamilton was at fault, and never said he brake tested him either. What I did say, is that whilst he is a good driver, he is a hypocrite, and is in no position to claim Vettel is ''unsporting''. I dislike Vettel by the same amount for the record and I fear Verstappen will turn out to be the same, fortunately he is a more exciting driver than the other two put together. Verstappen by the way, in my opinion is more like Senna was than Hamilton ever will be. I fully understand though, that my opinion is formed as a spectator, rather than as a team owner or other F1 insider.

He does control the pace as the lead car behind the safety car, and that position comes with responsibilities to the rest of the cars behind him, not just for himself. But for those behind him. It would not be unreasonable to think, Hamilton maintained a CORNER speed entering the straight, to destabilise the cars behind him. It was an unexpected move guaranteed to catch drivers behind out.

Thankfully karma (the padding incident) if you believe in such things, was in play today. Letting us see the rest of the pack racing together.

and yes I am biased against Hamilton, I have no obligation not to be Vettel was wrong for what he did, both the wheel ramming and crashing into the back of him (which I dont believe was deliberate, but a lapse of concentration, and an assumption Hamilton would accelerate)

Last edited by clf; 25th June 2017 at 21:07..
Old 25th June 2017, 21:17   #38
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Quote:
It would not be unreasonable to think, Hamilton maintained a CORNER speed entering the straight, to destabilise the cars behind him. It was an unexpected move guaranteed to catch drivers behind out.

What else would you expect Hamilton or any other driver for that matter to do in the circumstances?... The whole idea being lead driver coming out of a safety car period is to catch out your opponants behind when you decide to go for it and restart. What he can't do is brake test his opponants, which he didn't, nor abnormal changes of speed, which he didn't, especially as the stewards have stated that he drove the corner in the same manner as he had done for the previous 2 safety cars.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 25th June 2017, 21:21   #39
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
What else would you expect Hamilton or any other driver for that matter to do in the circumstances?... The whole idea being lead driver coming out of a safety car period is to catch out your opponants behind when you decide to go for it and restart. What he can't do is brake test his opponants, which he didn't, nor abnormal changes of speed, which he didn't, especially as the stewards have stated that he drove the corner in the same manner as he had done for the previous 2 safety cars.
I would expect some form of acceleration (although he is in no obligation at all to do so, as long as he doesnt slow down dangerously) out of a corner. Not just to prevent cooling of tyres but also a bottleneck of cars entering the corner behind him. The safety car was already at the following corner. He did not drive in a sporting manner at all, in all of the safety car situations. To say Vettel was not very sporting and sets a bad example to children is hypocritical.

Did Hamilton not complain on the radio about the slow pace of the safety car affecting tyre temperatures, whilst waiting in the pitlane?

Last edited by clf; 25th June 2017 at 21:25..
Old 25th June 2017, 21:40   #40
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

You are really going to try and use Hamilton calls about the general pace of the safety car (Pretty much all the teams were saying that the tyres were critical for temps due to the speed) to try and justify complaining about Hamiltons not accelerating out of a corner when its perfectly within his rights not to? and then to call it unsporting is frankly bizarre and trying to unsettle your opponants on a restart is what all drivers do so your accusation of Hamilton doing so is a fatuous one.
As far as hyprocisy is concerned there is really no similarity between one driver driving completely within the rules doing what all drivers would do in the same position compared to a driver that once he had one accident of his own fault, although accidental, then compounded that by deliberately pulling alongside another car and deliberately hitting it? I think you may have the hypocrisy thing the wrong way round i'm afraid.