Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th September 2010, 21:00   #11
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Hope you get this sorted lad.

BTW, Mk2 or MK1 front end?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 22:06   #12
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Hope you get this sorted lad.

BTW, Mk2 or MK1 front end?
Mk1 when it had one

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 13:25   #13
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

2002 MG ZT 260 (007), 2003 MG ZT-T 260 SE, 2004 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
Getting the engine and box in will only be the start of the challenge I think, there's a load of extra wiring under that bonnet - most of it green, god knows what it was for, and a compare and contrast of my underbonnet with that of 007 throws up a lot of 'what the hell is that' (for me at least)
Corin is planning to remove as much of the surplus test wiring as possible starting with wires that are not connected at either end! We also have a standard engine wiring harness. Interestingly, I understand that, the car's ECU memory is not read only, but can be written to - hopefully not intending to do too much of that though!
I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues. http://www9.mg-cars.org.uk/mgoc260/f...lies/smile.png

tonybubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 19:04   #14
Platemaker

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

Well, this topic is well overdue for a reply and I want to bring people up to date on what has been a very interesting albeit slow project so far.
Poor Tony has had to field questions about the car for sometime and as he is not located near to where the car is based these have sometimes not been easy to answer.

The engine and transmission assembly is finally due to be lifted back up into position this week,following many a "small" hurdle with missing components and non standard wiring. This shall be followed by the rebuild of the front end including the bumper etc.
The car can then be lowered back onto it's wheels as a complete vehicle for the first time in many years.

Other work has included renovation of the boot area and corrosion repair to areas where test wiring had been passed through the floor, replacment of sound deadening, rear lights, some loom re-wiring, repainting of the boot area,renovation of the original boot plinth and refitting, replacement of the spoiler and bonnet, reffiting of fuel pumps, refitting of interior and many other jobs that have slipped my mind at the present time.

Following the engine refit the gear selector area will be tackled and suitable fabrications made to overcome the ( rather large) handcut hole left over from it's days as a test car.

I hope to be able to update you again very soon and with pictures.

With particular reference to Tony, there are few vehicle owners that would continuously attempt to return such vehicles to the road and whilst some in the past may not always work out it is the likes of Tony that enusre that an amount of history stays in the present time rathe than being recycled into washing machines, hats off to Tony.

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 15:14   #15
Jezzer 1

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Well, this topic is well overdue for a reply and I want to bring people up to date on what has been a very interesting albeit slow project so far.
Poor Tony has had to field questions about the car for sometime and as he is not located near to where the car is based these have sometimes not been easy to answer.

The engine and transmission assembly is finally due to be lifted back up into position this week,following many a "small" hurdle with missing components and non standard wiring. This shall be followed by the rebuild of the front end including the bumper etc.
The car can then be lowered back onto it's wheels as a complete vehicle for the first time in many years.

Other work has included renovation of the boot area and corrosion repair to areas where test wiring had been passed through the floor, replacment of sound deadening, rear lights, some loom re-wiring, repainting of the boot area,renovation of the original boot plinth and refitting, replacement of the spoiler and bonnet, reffiting of fuel pumps, refitting of interior and many other jobs that have slipped my mind at the present time.

Following the engine refit the gear selector area will be tackled and suitable fabrications made to overcome the ( rather large) handcut hole left over from it's days as a test car.

I hope to be able to update you again very soon and with pictures.

With particular reference to Tony, there are few vehicle owners that would continuously attempt to return such vehicles to the road and whilst some in the past may not always work out it is the likes of Tony that enusre that an amount of history stays in the present time rathe than being recycled into washing machines, hats off to Tony.
Hats off to both of you - even sane people appear mad sometimes.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:28   #16
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I think that door sill needs blending in a bit -----
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 20:05   #17
Mel Dawson
Passed Away

2004 facelift saloon cdti se connoisser

Hi,
So it should be ready for the Calne meeting on march 6th.

Cheers Mel.
Mel Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 20:15   #18
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Dawson View Post
Hi,
So it should be ready for the Calne meeting on march 6th.

Cheers Mel.
Well there's a thought.
I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues. http://www9.mg-cars.org.uk/mgoc260/f...lies/smile.png

Old 4th October 2011, 16:35   #19
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybubble View Post
...... even the beginning of the end, but perhaps the end of the beginning!!!

I have just heard that Corin (Messenger) has removed the front sub-frame from 07 in preparation to instal the new engine and auto box.

Onwards and upwards!
Well a year on from the above post and 007 has returned home for an interlude before the writing of the next chapter. Since it has has not been washed since 2005 and has been outside for at least the last six years, I thought I would start with a little autumn clean:

And a reminder of January 2010:

Once I can get the bonnet open, I will take a picture of the engine compartment.

Last edited by tonybubble; 4th October 2011 at 16:44.. Reason: Picture added.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:04   #20
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Tony

Silly question, wrong bumper, number plate or car??????
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote