Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th July 2009, 19:54   #1
obiwan
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 Mk II SE

Default Non MGR central locking question...

...if I may...

My wife's car (Hyundai Santa Fe) has an intermittent central locking problem. Occasionally the boot lock makes a sort of 'grinding' noise when the central locking is used. The central locking then doesn't work. After a period (a minute or two) the noise stops, but the central locking still doesn't work. Then suddenly it clears up like nothing ever happened. It then works fine for several weeks before re-occurring.

Interestingly, the fuel gauge reads empty at the same time the problem occurs (irrespective of the amount of fuel in the car). I thought maybe dodgy relay or something but the dealer assures me everything checks out OK.

I have had two actuators replaced at some expense and this hasn't solved the problem. I haven't yet resolved with the dealer their twice misdiagnosing the problem at my expense (!), but they assure me they'll sort all that out once the problem is fixed. Obviously they want me to take the car in to them when the problem is actually occuring but because it is so intermittent, the dealer is a few miles away and I'm at work in London all week, I've not been able to get the car there with the fault actually happening!

I thought I'd try this forum to see if anyone had any ideas?

Cheers
Ben
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote