Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2024, 18:15   #21
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

USA like Australia, have the same problems. They think nothing of going 6-700 miles as a little ride out. EVs are a waste of time in countries like that. They are useless over here if you want to go 400 miles like my wife and I have from Birmingham to Fort William....401 miles to our house. We have done it many times with a few stops over many years. Would not like to think how long it would take in a EV. Perhaps one of the EV owners on here would like to try it out and let us know how you get on. Honestly mind you, no perhaps or maybe or if. Come on . Now the weather is brightening up, how about proving how useless EVs are for distance motoring.A lot of it is on the m/way, steady 70mph.
Old 22nd March 2024, 19:15   #22
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Occasional day trippers are not the main market. It's the commuters that buy the cars at more regular intervals, and often on a company loan, so putative purchasers are king. Cynical? Yes, but it is the motor trade after all.
Old 23rd March 2024, 13:08   #23
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
USA like Australia, have the same problems. They think nothing of going 6-700 miles as a little ride out. EVs are a waste of time in countries like that. They are useless over here if you want to go 400 miles like my wife and I have from Birmingham to Fort William....401 miles to our house. We have done it many times with a few stops over many years. Would not like to think how long it would take in a EV. Perhaps one of the EV owners on here would like to try it out and let us know how you get on. Honestly mind you, no perhaps or maybe or if. Come on . Now the weather is brightening up, how about proving how useless EVs are for distance motoring.A lot of it is on the m/way, steady 70mph.
I think wraymond in post #22 has a good point. Is it company purchases/leases that are taking the 30% depreciation hit? If it is a personal buyer I guess they would have to take the hit and either hope for better returns in year's 2 and 3 or start saving additional funds fast or keep it until it falls apart.

I wonder what the residual value of an original (100 mile) Leaf is going for and also a Prius.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote