Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2010, 08:59   #41
Rover418275
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
I did the 116 -135 upgrade on Tourer last year and it was entirely without snags.
The CD and the ZCS code came in a nice packet from xpart with a sticker and some T4 instructions and the installation proceeded fine. Not a problem and £199 quid plus garage charges well spent. That was until I notified the insurance and several leading companies would not touch me and the rest lumped at least 200 quid to the premium, which is ludicrous considering that if it was configured in the factory it would have cost the same. Buyer beware of hidden obstacles.

Installing the new codes did not overwrite or loose the power upgrade and my car has been on the T4 several times for reconfiguration

The only problem came when I added Cruise Control because despite specifying exactly what was on my car in terms of accessories and factory fit etc, the good people at xpart sent a T4 code which stopped my one shot up windows from working (for a £50 fee)

My garage expert - Nick at Austin Garages - got back to them and they sent a different set of ZCS codes but still the window one shot didn't work, the end result from the supplier was that "what you get is what you get"

Andrew
Hi Andrew,I had a similar problemwhen I added CC. The garage subsequently reconfigured the one shot down windows. I did notrealise that this feature applies to all of the windows, I thought it was just the drivers and front passenger windows.

Cheers

Mike
Rover418275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 05:22   #42
sgtbilko

MG ZT+CDTI

Spent some time yesterday down at my local T4 guy (Dave Evans, Rhos on sea - 07811 226457) & did some diagnostics + the 131 upgrade. Jules came down (thank you) to oversee the process & a test drive afterwards. I had a chance while I was with Jules to test another 116 with synergy & it was a lot better than mine as I've been driving it - later on my wife tested and bought this car which means we now have 2 pearl black ZTs . (we now have a very clean Rover 45 1.6 for sale if anyone wants one)
Motorway test showed that I definitely got what I paid for - car is no longer sluggish, just superb and it looks like maybe the old standard map was corrupt - T4 showed that someone had messed with it in 2003, possibly screwed it up? We ran the 131 session with the synergy2 MAF compensation on (have the Pierburgh) and the power off and switched synergy back on part way through the test. I'm hoping that my fairly poor fuel consumption recently will be fixed by this, too soon to say - synergy down from 7 to 6 which also might help.

Result - great car now, does what it should - superb! Thanks Jules

Last edited by sgtbilko; 11th March 2010 at 05:24.. Reason: insert phone No of T4 guy
sgtbilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 12:54   #43
Mike Austins

MG ZT

Smile x part diesel power upgrade

I don't know if anyone is still searching for the cd that lets x part service stations perform this diesel power upgrade, but Rimmer Bros are listing as in stock February 2011.

Good luck.
Mike Austins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 07:42   #44
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Austins View Post
I don't know if anyone is still searching for the cd that lets x part service stations perform this diesel power upgrade, but Rimmer Bros are listing as in stock February 2011.

Good luck.
The cd is worthless on it's own.
It only allows access to a certain option in T4 to be able to enter the unlock code.
All CD's are the same ! They are not car specific.
What you do need is the certificate with the unlock code on it.
They are unique.

This "kit" is never in stock off the shelf because I generate the unlock code for the individual VIN number.

What happens is a dealer orders a VUF000010 and the system sends me the car details. Part is ordered to VIN number.
I then create the unlock code and print the certificate.
Put a pack together and send to dealer.
Any dealer can order a VUF000010, not just Rimmers

Cheers

Stu

Last edited by SKS Disco; 21st February 2011 at 07:44..
SKS Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 22:09   #45
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Stu,
Thanks for explaining this in simple terms--fascinating stuff to a non techie like me.

I had my 75 done recently by D&D Services at Somercotes [Alfreton]--I was the guy who had received the blank CD on the first attempt! The car exhibited all the usual sluggish signs-akin to driving with the handbrake on. A new MAF sensor produced what seemed like a 20% power increase, and the upgrade 20% more. Car is transformed, and can now feel the turbo coming in.

I'm really pleased with it.I may also go for a Roverron box at some point but not just yet.

regards

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 07:13   #46
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Williams View Post
Stu,
Thanks for explaining this in simple terms--fascinating stuff to a non techie like me.

I had my 75 done recently by D&D Services at Somercotes [Alfreton]--I was the guy who had received the blank CD on the first attempt! The car exhibited all the usual sluggish signs-akin to driving with the handbrake on. A new MAF sensor produced what seemed like a 20% power increase, and the upgrade 20% more. Car is transformed, and can now feel the turbo coming in.

I'm really pleased with it.I may also go for a Roverron box at some point but not just yet.

regards

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
Yeah, sorry about the blank CD . My fault .
Took one out of the wrong box obviously. Whoops...
Glad it all went OK in the end though

Stu
Old 24th February 2011, 10:30   #47
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

No problems Stu,
We all make mistakes! Danny and Dave at D&D adjusted the bill accordingly! Said they'd call in next time they're passing J22...

Best wishes

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote