Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st August 2013, 20:26   #11
S7ARBVCK
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat999 View Post
I had my ZT-T Remapped by DMS Automotive after the warrenty ran out/MG Rover gave up the ghost

90k later and 180 bhp approx it is the way to go esp with an auto!

did 1066 miles ave 69.7 mph at 39.7 mpg in 3 days last month- no difference between the engines in std tune...............a hopeless 131 if you are lucky....
I have a remapped 75 CDT. I believe it's running at around 160bhp. At a constant 70mph (which is probably closer to 65, given the inaccuracy of the rover/MG speedo) I get closer to 50mpg than 40. If that's all you're getting, I suspect there maybe something wrong with your motor!

p.s. The remap on mine changed the nature of the car entirely - even as an auto. I wouldn't describe it as "fast", but it can certainly move like it means it...
S7ARBVCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 20:32   #12
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ARBVCK View Post
I have a remapped 75 CDT. I believe it's running at around 160bhp. At a constant 70mph (which is probably closer to 65, given the inaccuracy of the rover/MG speedo) I get closer to 50mpg than 40. If that's all you're getting, I suspect there maybe something wrong with your motor!

p.s. The remap on mine changed the nature of the car entirely - even as an auto. I wouldn't describe it as "fast", but it can certainly move like it means it...
I don't believe anyone with an auto diesel gets more than low 40's as an mpg, with about 38mpg being an average.

I have a remap dyno proven at 160bhp, a decat and the egr disconnected, 165bhp - 168bhp absolute tops. I did the decat after the dynomometer so no idea on the true figure in the end, but 180bhp, no way.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 20:37   #13
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Nope - can't see 180 being real. I'm willing to bet if you get the 160 auto remap from one of the T4 guys, you'll realise they may have been exaggerating their claims.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 21:01   #14
rickd
Avid contributor

rover75 connie se cdt

can I ask about these remaps,how do they compare against a 20 kv6 for speed as there is a lot on remaps etc and how good they are. thanks.
rickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 21:13   #15
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickd View Post
can I ask about these remaps,how do they compare against a 20 kv6 for speed as there is a lot on remaps etc and how good they are. thanks.
Well firstly, your 2.0 Litre V6 is as smooth as silk. The engine is in no hurry, you have to rev it hard to get the maximum out of it and that's not what the 75 is all about.

These diesel cars pull very well at the bottom end, lack a bit of life as the revs continue hence the owners compulsive desire in trying to fill this void, that's where the remaps come in. Then they claim late forties to the gallon with a load of modifications, I find it quite amusing.

You stick with what you have got, silky smooth, creamy engine tone and complete sophistication.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 21:22   #16
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Sorry Pab but you can get late 40s in MPG out of them, a manual anyway. Drive them hard, no, cruise then yes. Having a remap doesn't mean you have to drive it hard, just that you can.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:24   #17
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
Sorry Pab but you can get late 40s in MPG out of them, a manual anyway. Drive them hard, no, cruise then yes. Having a remap doesn't mean you have to drive it hard, just that you can.
Ah well, wrong again.. But what do I know.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 21:28   #18
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Well firstly, your 2.0 Litre V6 is as smooth as silk. The engine is in no hurry, you have to rev it hard to get the maximum out of it and that's not what the 75 is all about.

These diesel cars pull very well at the bottom end, lack a bit of life as the revs continue hence the owners compulsive desire in trying to fill this void, that's where the remaps come in. Then they claim late forties to the gallon with a load of modifications, I find it quite amusing.

You stick with what you have got, silky smooth, creamy engine tone and complete sophistication.
Nothing wrong with releasing the potential of the diesel engine, it was nerfed by BMW to start with, so getting it back to where it should be isn't really a compulsion, no more so than any other remap offered by the T4 guys.

Perhaps you are just easily amused Pab?

I can't comment on the 2.0 V6, never drove one, no experience of it so I will leave comment on that well alone, but I believe it offers no recourse for remap potential (unless I have that wrong?)
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 21:28   #19
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

I got over 40 with the Synergy on going to Thruxton this year. I didnt go by the dash readout either, its never right.

For a while i did get much worse economy, but that was probably just because of the novelty of the extra performance. Once over it I went back to normal.

I had the 160 upgrade this weekend and the same is true, my economy is terrible, but then again, i am 'testing' it fully.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:41   #20
rickd
Avid contributor

rover75 connie se cdt

Thanks i'll keep to my 2.0v6, only when i'm late for work does my foot get a bit heavy and then it does go but so does the petrol.
rickd is offline   Reply With Quote