Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th February 2008, 14:58   #61
GagHalfrunt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190+ Solar Red Commission No: 396

All I can say is at least they're putting the effort in and replacing the duff parts.

The "DirectLine Approved" garage that did my wife's Honda left stuff broken and refused to change them as DirectLine wouldn't approve. Went on for over a year, only stopped pushing them as my wife wrote it off.
GagHalfrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 17:43   #62
BRG190 Pete
Avid contributor

None at the moment

Smile getting my car back tomorrow

Good news at last. Going to SMC tomorrow am to pick up my car. Hope it's OK!

The garage did annoy me a little today. This am, I was told that it was all ready except that they still needed to do a 'quality control' check and would phone when it was done. Got to 5pm - no call - so I phoned them, to be told they hadn't had time to do the check and pick-up of the car would be delayed until Monday.

I didn't react very well to this, so the garage said they would try to get the check done today after all. 10 mins later the call comes through that the car is ready for collection.

I know I'm paranoid, but it looks like the check lasted a max of 5 mins at 5pm on a Friday. Can't see how it will have been very thorough.

Does anyone know, please, what they do in a 'quality control' check?

Thanks
BRG190 Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 13:47   #63
BRG190 Pete
Avid contributor

None at the moment

Smile great news!!!!

At long last, 7 weeks after my accident, the car has been repaired. Went and picked her up this am.

As you know, I have been annoyed with SMC over the time it has taken to repair, but I have to say they seem to have done a fantastic job. The paintwork matches very well and certainly I couldn't tell the car has been in an accident. Total bill for the insurance co £2.5k - thought it would be more than that.

The car was driving on fumes - so took her to the nearest petrol station and put in £65 - wow, that's £15 more than I've ever spent before. Drove home very carefully and decided not to use the car much over the weekend, as I still have the courtesy car. I'm actually quite nervous about driving her, partly because she's so beautiful, and partly because of the accident. I just want to get used to driving her in my own time.

So many things to do - change my user name (can anyone tell me how to do that please?), ask my 11 year old daughter to help me get some pictures on here, check those plenum drains.....

I also fancy one of those gear knobs from SMC Trading.....

I don't want to sound soppy here, but I do want to thank all of you for your support over the last few weeks. I don't mind telling you I was somewhat depressed when I had the accident and it's often felt like I would never get my car back. Thank you all for your sympathy and guidance over the last few weeks.

Hope to be a happier member of the forum (with a new username) from now on....
Old 1st March 2008, 14:15   #64
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

Talking

Good to know your happy again. now you can start to enjoy driving a great car must be like picking up a new car after all this time.

bet you keep looking out the window just to see it.

Last edited by kevin; 1st March 2008 at 14:19..
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 15:46   #65
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Glad it all worked out in the end, sometimes you do need to take a step back and draw a deep breath.

I hope you enjoy many miles of troble free motoring.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 16:42   #66
Monte Carlo

MG ZT-T

Glad to see to see you have got your car back and you appear satisfied with the repair work.
For my car, the garage has told me that the repair work to the offside front wing should be completed next week - quicker than what I was expecting. However, they are having trouble sourcing the chrome trim. Any ideas anyone?
Monte Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 20:46   #67
Snowball

MG ZT 190 SE

Hi BRG 190 Pete

I am pleased to hear that you have got your car back and excellent news that you are pleased with the work.

Mine should have gone into the workshop Friday afternoon, however I am concerned to note that work on yours stopped from time to time as further parts were required. Damage to mine also included impact damage to the front wheel with the steering deranged.

The delay on mine has also been parts. They have recently been trying to source front grill, under tray, closing panel and front wing badge plus SMC always seem very busy. I am hoping the work will be completed within the next week or so assuming no unforeseen problems.

Regards.

Snowball
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:17   #68
BRG190 Pete
Avid contributor

None at the moment

Hi Snowball

The delay on my car was not re the availability of parts. Rather, it was that each time they started work, they found they needed more parts and then stopped work to get approval from the insurance company and order in what they needed.

They also apparently only have one ramp for doing suspension work, which I found surprising to say the least.

I don't want to depress you but it took about 3 weeks from when they first started work on my car to it being ready - so it may take more than a week in your case, especially as your damage seems greater than mine.

I think they got fed up with me, as I phoned at least twice a week to try and speed things up. I'm convinced, though, that if I had not done so, I would still be waiting now.

I guess what counts is that, in the end, they have done a good job on my car. If you want any more specific advice about how I managed to speed things up or who I chased at SMC, then PM me. All the best!