Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th February 2016, 20:16   #1
Trevorgetty

Mg zt 2005

Post VDO to android satnav upgrade.

I have a 05 facelift zt with the VDO front CD player and harman kardon system. It sounds great but I want an upgrade to get satnav and blue tooth for my phone and mp3.
Looking at the back of head unit it seems to have oem connectors in current unit.
But I have questions when it comes to the swc and canbus operation from this to an aftermarket one.
Any help is appreciated as I love my black beauty and would like to treat her. Lol
��

1. The current units I have found online for mg and bmw sat navs expect a 17 pin or 40 pin type I have neither of these types. although in most cases they convert from these types to oem so this may not be an issue and I assume I can just plug it straight into new unit?
2. The swc cables in my current unit are part of a yellow green blue mini iso block. the green minI iso are they analogue type and as such do they plug into most analogue after market units which have programmable swc features?
If not can someone explain the outputs on these 2 wires in the mini port.
3, most units for my car are advertised with canbus decoder which adds ar least 50 extra or so. Is this needed in my case and if so where does it plug into?
4. Finally if I don't use the unit linked below but instead a generic one without canbus where would the reverse camera activation lead go to to activate camera. ?

I don't mind splicing and getting out the multi meter if someone can give a good guide for mg with my setup.

Type of unit I though of buying was for about my budget of 200 to 230 but u can see better specs on models that don require canbus with them. Please advice even on a straight in unit for this budget would be great.
I can add any photos as required.

http://erisin.kancart.com/item_detai...Rover-75-MG-ZT

Last edited by Trevorgetty; 20th February 2016 at 02:10..
Trevorgetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 07:55   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Take a look at our very own Radioguys units on here

http://www.75andzt.com/