Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2017, 19:57   #41
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi Rev, I hope that you get more responses, thought I would chime in with the facts and stay out of the mud slinging.

We have sold 3381 Navall Units over 9 years
Of that 612 Were Navall stars
From those stars , we returned 9 to the factory that we could not fix.
We sold only 381 Navall 3's
Of those we sent only 3 back to the factory.

The other Navall's were more challenging, our highest problem units were the NAvall 2's . I blame that on the updating , there were many and very confusing

So Rev, those are the numbers . I spent the last hour or so compiling

TDI's units that he says were/are paperweights were a USED Navall 2 that he purchased in August of 2014 for a 75 or zt and was working fine until he did an update on January 10th , 2015 (Not blaming, just saying thats when the issues began), and a Navall 3 that he purchased for a range rover which as far as I could see from the 42 emails that we exchanged , after I sent an ISO cable (No charge) the only issue was getting the Steering wheel controls to function. He is entitled to his opinion and I wish we had a kick at the can to fix the problems but he chose to "bin them")

that being said, I think our failure rate is good, with Jeff's amazing help , every single day since 2013 including days off (like today) and Sundays and technical back up and support being a very positive contributing factor. I assure you all , I may pay for this , but he doesn't get paid what he is worth ! Jeff cares about every customer.

I hope everyone can get back to the fact that we re here to prolong the life and enjoyment of the cars. Thats all
Thanks Sean, now when can I expect my unit please, I would very much like to get it in before Summer, LOL!
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 20:03   #42
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
I posted my opinion, thats all. Dont like it then dont read it.

The update for the Nav 2 came from you and caused no issues. The actual unit itself was fine until the amplifier board blew (taking out 3 of my speakers with it!). This after a few months of waiting was decided to be unserviceable so I then purchased a new nav 3. The supplied wiring was wrong, the canbus convertor caused various faults on my car and it took ages for you to send me a plan ISO cable as requested. Once up and running, for a few months it was fine but then the bugs and glitches started. Again empty promises from you and months of waiting for nothing.
So yes, I cut my losses and sold it on eBay. How long do you expect people to wait for issues to be ressolved on a product that you sell and make a big deal how great it is??????
As I've said before I've lost £400 - £500 on your units including the cost of replacing the blown speakers so understandably I'm fuming even now after almost 6 months, so I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND YOUR HEAD UNITS.

Have I gone out of my way to put people off buying navalls? = no
Have I given my honest opinion on peoples posts when they ask about navalls? = yes

I see youve another new unit, bet you've a 'cracking' part exchange deal for all those folks with faulty nav 3s and stars. Funny that
Hi Alan

Apologies again
I was going by this from you :

Date: 12/01/2015 03:38:32
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Universal NAVALL 2 software update

Hi Sean

Problems lol.
Updated my Universal NAVALL2 via the link you sent me and for the first day or so all went well. Now, when the unit boots up it goes straight to reversing camera screen even though reverse is NOT selected so screen says 'NO SIGNAL'. Nothing works, buttons, touch screen or wheel controls and it even failed to shut down when the key was removed from the ignition this morning so I had to disconnect the battery.
When I reconnected the battery the unit fired up as normal so I went into settings and did a factory reset.

If this doesnt work, is it possible to put the old version back on? I copied the files so I still have them.

Thanks

I was going by our email correspondence , if it is wrong or there was more , I do not have it.

the ISO , that you and Jeff Discussed on the 11th of November, 2015 and I was informed and asked on the 12th. You wanted to pay and I siad No Charge and paid Jeff. to MAKE one .
We POsted it on the 19th of November 2015. There was a weekend and it was our Xmas rush , I am not sure why it took 7 days but I don't consider that forever as you stated. Again this was an E39 BMW unit fitting to a Range Rover. Not a 75 or ZT , just so it is clear.

regards
Sean

Alan I Will send you an email and if there is a way to work this out, I hope we can.

Last edited by Radioguy; 8th February 2017 at 20:05..
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 20:38   #43
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I can relate to this too - next to my desk at work there is a box of broken Navalls that cost me about £650, I reckon I have lost about £200 on a couple of WinCe units I've had as well...... a LOT of money really. Do I think I would necessarily have been any better off with Xtrons or any other make costing about the same price? nope. That's the reason I think Dallas actually has the right idea with the cheaper ones as they are pretty much disposable at the price.

I could spend my life being angry about the money wasted because you can't get spare parts but meh - life is too short, I have a Symphony head unit back in my car with an aux in adaptor - £25 in total (including bits I already had) and I'm just loving the simplicity of it all even though it's not exactly 'cool'

Save
Never commented on xtrons stuff as I've never had the pleasure of owning one. I went cheap Chinese DD months ago when the first thread hit the ice forum and I sold the navall 3.
£65 for GPS, deckless, DD. Only issues are satnav voice doesnt time in correctly (I have the voice muted) and the clock wont keep the correct time (software compatibilty issues apparently). Cant fault it for the money paid, yes not as good looking and doesnt have all the functions of the expensive units but......... its not expensive AND in the 4 or 5 months its been fitted it hasnt reset itself, or needed resetting due to the system freezing.

RE Sean, yes I did forget about the first time I installed the update on the nav 2. My apologies for that, but think it was because I downloaded the incorrect one first time.
Old 8th February 2017, 21:32   #44
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I can relate to this too - next to my desk at work there is a box of broken Navalls that cost me about £650, I reckon I have lost about £200 on a couple of WinCe units I've had as well...... a LOT of money really. Do I think I would necessarily have been any better off with Xtrons or any other make costing about the same price? nope. That's the reason I think Dallas actually has the right idea with the cheaper ones as they are pretty much disposable at the price.

I could spend my life being angry about the money wasted because you can't get spare parts but meh - life is too short, I have a Symphony head unit back in my car with an aux in adaptor - £25 in total (including bits I already had) and I'm just loving the simplicity of it all even though it's not exactly 'cool'

Save
Where did you get the aux in adapter? As I would like one for my symphony?
Old 8th February 2017, 23:01   #45
Mgt16
Trader

Mg zt-t

I have a naval star and I'm pretty happy with it I had a problem at the start as I managed to break the screen which Sean/Jeff sorted for me, if I'm honest I found delivery times a bit slow and confused at times but then I think people need to be realistic. You are buying a cheap Chinese unit the equivalent named brand would cost at least double, then you have to accept even with Sean you are buying over seas which takes time and at the price they sell it I can't see either of them making a full time living selling head units for mg's which means they have other things to think about so yes things take longer and you can get lost in the system. That all said if I'd bought a unit off ebay I'd have saved approx £50 but would have been stuffed when I broke the screen and would I really trust the seller if I sent the unit back for repair?
To summarise Sean and the naval unit aren't perfect but this in my opinion is reflected in the price. I still remember paying a similar price a few years back for an alpine CD player which didn't attempt to do half the things the naval can do!
Mgt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 07:40   #46
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Big question is how does the Navall Star compare with the Xtrons unit being sold by other people on here?

If its a straight fight between them, which comes out on top?

Did I also read that both or all of these Android units require being wired into the Radio Ariel amp too??

Last edited by T16; 9th February 2017 at 07:43..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 08:43   #47
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Thanks Sean, now when can I expect my unit please, I would very much like to get it in before Summer, LOL!
Hi Sean I see you have sidestepped my question about when can I expect my Radio.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 08:47   #48
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Hi Sean I see you have sidestepped my question about when can I expect my Radio.

Julien
He didn't really..........you didn't make it clear the summer of which year
Old 9th February 2017, 08:57   #49
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Owned Navall 3 for 18 months or so. Faultless service from it no problems at all.
Couple of small niggles when I got it which were promptly and efficiently dealt with by Sean/Jeff.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 09:00   #50
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Owned Navall 3 for 18 months or so. Faultless service from it no problems at all.
Couple of small niggles when I got it which were promptly and efficiently dealt with by Sean/Jeff.
Run out of thanks but 'THANKS' for the vote of confidence Nick