Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th December 2019, 11:34   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Kidney stent

Anyone had a kidney stent installed please, what's involved?

I have to go to hospital on Monday, for the first stage, an X-Ray.

I guess after that a consultation, then the actual operation, but how long is it likely to take, will I likely be kept in overnight.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 14:50   #2
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

I've had a couple fitted during surgery over the years for my recurring right kidney stone issues. After a couple of weeks I had to return to have them removed.

The first was short one that went from inside the kidney to the bladder and had to be removed by going up into the bladder and pulling it out. The next one was a JJ stent which was a large blue device that had a curl on each end located in the kidney and the bottom curl in the bladder. To aid it's removal it had two wires that sat outside the ' old fella' and were taped on to stop it catching. Passing water was a bit messy and it was removed by the consultant pulling it out of the body by the wires.

They are a bit uncomfortable as they irritate the bladder making you feel like you need to go constantly even if you haven't got much water in your bladder. I assume it will be fitted under a general anaesthetic ?
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 16:37   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
They are a bit uncomfortable as they irritate the bladder making you feel like you need to go constantly even if you haven't got much water in your bladder. I assume it will be fitted under a general anaesthetic ?
No, this is the 'other end' of the kidney arterial side. I'm suffering artery to kidney constrictions.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 16th December 2019, 15:04   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Just been for what I understood from the letter, was to be an X-Ray, in the X-Ray department, but it proved to be a consultation with a consultant/surgeon instead. Its a stay in overnight job.

I'm living alone here at the moment, with two dogs to look after and no one to house/dog sit whilst in hospital. Except I will have someone here from 21st Jan to 28th, so the consultant kindly agreed to a date of Friday the 24th for the op. They said they could go in via the arm, of via the groin, as the artery to my kidneys were at an exact 90 degrees, so she opted for the groin entry. Which is on my belly, close to the top of my pelvis, which will leave me a bit sore.

So all good, things coming together..

Old 16th December 2019, 17:01   #5
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Good luck getting sorted Harry. When I was peeing a lot of blood and lumps of blood clots were coming out I thought I was finished, until the wonderful team in Urology took me under their wing and did their magic.
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 17:54   #6
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Just been for what I understood from the letter, was to be an X-Ray, in the X-Ray department, but it proved to be a consultation with a consultant/surgeon instead. Its a stay in overnight job.

I'm living alone here at the moment, with two dogs to look after and no one to house/dog sit whilst in hospital. Except I will have someone here from 21st Jan to 28th, so the consultant kindly agreed to a date of Friday the 24th for the op. They said they could go in via the arm, of via the groin, as the artery to my kidneys were at an exact 90 degrees, so she opted for the groin entry. Which is on my belly, close to the top of my pelvis, which will leave me a bit sore.

So all good, things coming together..
I had a groin entry stent insertion (for heart problems) nigh on 15 years ago.
No pain or discomfort during the operation - but you do end up with a rather violently coloured bruise on your inner thigh where they 'go in'.
Best of luck and I hope the op. goes well.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 18:29   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
No pain or discomfort during the operation - but you do end up with a rather violently coloured bruise on your inner thigh where they 'go in'.
I did think upper thigh, but the consultant seemed to be indicating it would be accessed via the belly, maybe I misunderstood it.

Old 16th December 2019, 20:16   #8
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
I ended up with the same thing about the same time as you did.

Was lucky about the bruise as it was very small. The guy opposite me had a bruise almost from navel to knee.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 20:17   #9
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I did think upper thigh, but the consultant seemed to be indicating it would be accessed via the belly, maybe I misunderstood it.
Will be the groin Harry.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2019, 10:49   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I went to LGI's XRAY dept yesterday, thinking I was there for an XRAY, but once there they said it was a consultation with the consultant surgeon, who would actually do the deed.

The previous consultant I spoke to said one kidney dead and beyond saving, one deteriorating that needs to be salvaged with a stent and only one stent fitted to the better one.

Yesterday I was told it was not dead and worth fitting stents to both.

I have just reached the limit of my patience with the live in partner (long story of worsening issues) I had and said last week don't bother coming back, but collect your things. She has been absent a while from here.

I'm presently chatting with a woman in Edinburgh (Wendy), who is coming down for a week 21st to 28th Jan, to see how we get on. Her week off work.

I explained to the consultant I am living alone at the moment, just me and two dogs, with no one able to house/dog sit if I were absent for long, unless the op was between 21st and 28th.

Wendy is well aware of my problems down here and has agreed to help out where she could. The consultant checked her appointments diary and asked if Friday 24th for the op would work for me, to which I readily agreed.

So there we have it, all fixed up and in a remarkably short time period. I was expecting it to take months before this op..