Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th February 2019, 10:57   #281
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

You say that you going to sell Red5 and the V8 then buy a runaround, why not keep Red5 as your runaround as it's economical to run and you know all about it Bob.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 12:31   #282
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
You say that you going to sell Red5 and the V8 then buy a runaround, why not keep Red5 as your runaround as it's economical to run and you know all about it Bob.
Want something different. Only bought Redfive back as I needed something that was economical to run to and fro from London whilst house hunting. Essex to Saltash via Torquay and back again on a full tank.

As I’m now established down here I’ll rarely be travelling back to North London.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 12:37   #283
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Want something different. Only bought Redfive back as I needed something that was economical to run to and fro from London whilst house hunting. Essex to Saltash via Torquay and back again on a full tank.

As I’m now established down here I’ll rarely be travelling back to North London.
Yep! But you will still need one decent car to drive around in while Banana is parked up, get what you can for the loud one it is not going to do you any favours in the long run.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 12:56   #284
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:

Fair enough you want something different.

The possibilities are endless.

How about a Jaguar?
Or a Mercedes 500 SL?
A V8 Mustang (British one)
Old 26th February 2019, 13:54   #285
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Fair enough you want something different.

The possibilities are endless.

How about a Jaguar?
Or a Mercedes 500 SL?
A V8 Mustang (British one)
Rather fancy MG F/TF with the Turbo conversion.
Wouldn’t mind a Chrysler Crossfire, fastback not the rag top.
Diesel PT Cruiser is another possibility.
Or might go back to a Ford Fiesta.

And I have my Freedom Pass for the buses.

Or might have a word with Allen and get my self a small (ish!) motor boat. Love the river.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 26th February 2019 at 13:56.. Reason: Words, lots of them missing.
Old 26th February 2019, 14:11   #286
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:

Or might have a word with Allen and get my self a small (ish!) motor boat. Love the river.
Smallish boat, the last time I saw you, you was putting on some weight perhaps a tug would be more like it LOL!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2019, 07:55   #287
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool My neighbour moved out...................

..................................... yesterday and never said goodbye.
Seemed all a bit strange to me as there was no removal van used but the furniture she took was all dismantled and moved by 3 cars. Land Rover Discovery, Vauxhall Zafira and a Mazda 6, the Discovery done the lions share of the work.

The rest of the furniture was disposed of with the council taking it. This was the truck that was supposed to be here at 07.00 but finally turned up at 11.30. And the amount of black bags with rubbish in was enough to fill the dust cart up, well that was the impression I got.
Two things I’ll not miss is the cat sitting in my garden watching the birds on the feeders or the dog barking. If she went out next door then the dog would constantly bark till she came home.

Been keeping myself busy, bought myself a new Roberts DAB radio. I like my music and makes a change from my hard drive machine playing. My Gtech vacuum stopped working. I phone Matt up to see if he might know what was wrong, he has had trouble with his from time to time. Matt said to have a look on the net to see if there was info on what’s wrong.
Anyway I stripped it down and found the insides were caked in dust and fluff.

So with a thorough clean, new clean filters fitted and then put the machine on charge. Once charged it now works perfectly ok. So I shall now give it a proper clean every couple of months.
Went shopping to Tesco’s at Lee Mill, took the Bear via the go go juice station.
I’ve given Allen’s ZTT a good wash, Clay, polish and waxed. I’ve only used the car for local runs just to keep the battery topped up.

Been up to Lifton’s farm shop in Linton just off of the A30 then drove back via the Highwayman pub on the outskirts of Okehampton, then skirted Tavi and back home via Gunnislake and Callington. That gave the Bear a good run.
Getting Banana ready for a trip to the body shop on Monday, be without ole Yella for up to 5 weeks.

Allen and Val are expected home next Thursday so that will be “Leafy” leaving me. I have firm interest in the Bear, but I’ll not hold my breath. And once a Banana is home I’ll sell Redfive. I have my eyes on a replacement. Just be two cars here then. Banana for show work, already has a firm booking for 2020. And t’other car will be my run around.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 1st March 2019, 10:28   #288
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:

PT Cruiser based on the Neon, not the best car out there but they do look kind of cool, check out the Club, http://www.ukcruisers.net/

Leave the Crossfire alone, all the reviews say uneconomical and will cost you the best part of £1000 for tyres as they are run flats.

If I could get into one and drive a manual gearboxed car then it would be a Ford Fiesta ST, fantastic cars.
Old 9th March 2019, 07:47   #289
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool A year ago today..................

.......................................... I was in A & E in Torbay General hospital having arrived by ambulance. Nasty swelling in my face coupled with an infection in my left foot, under the toes. The swelling the face was thought to be a reaction to one of the tablets that I take, been on them since 2009 and never had a reaction before. The infection in the foot was thought to have been a burst, and untreated blister.

But thanks to the quick attention by Matt and Shirley it could have been a lot worse. Plus many thanks to the paramedics for sorting me out and getting me to the hospital in double quick time. As for the allergic reaction to the tablet, we’ll that’s never been proved. And I’m still taking them.
As for the foot that has cleared up ok. A huge Thank You to Shirley who changed the dressing every day.
I was in Devon at Matt n Shirley’s whilst house hunting, so that was put on hold. Not allowed to drive the Bear and confined to the house.

Since then a lot has happened. The move down here as certainly sharpened my brain, made me more alert. Well, it’s only taken me eight and a half months to realise that the cutlery tray in the drawer was the wrong way round, wondered why the tin opener kept “disappearing”.
Still not got to grips with the oven on the cooker, I have a witness to this. However the smoke alarm cannot actually speak words but sure can BEEP! Loudly.

Been thinking about looking for a place to buy instead of renting. Pro’s and con’s to renting equals the buying of a place. I do like it here, suits me fine. Seen a few places I like but am finding fault with them. Maybe getting stuck in the rut again. We’ll have to wait and see.
No-one has moved in yet next door, there was people in there yesterday but not aware if they are moving in or the landlords come round to see what needs doing.

Allen and Val are now home, Leafy has left me and gone home. So hoping I can get Allen to come round and give me a hand with the garden. But priorities first, the boats need to be checked out. The Northumberland fishing boat, which is out of the water, needs a re-paint and the bow skid plate needs renewing. Happy to help in anyway I can.
Plus I need Allen to transport the spare 1.8t K engine up to Mike Staffords garage in Littlehampton, Allen has a trailer which Leafy can pull.

Still getting out and about when the weather allows me to do so. Now down to two cars as Banana is in the paint shop, oh! My! How I miss her. Redfive has a wee electrical problem so I need to get her up to Matt’s to get that investigated. Only leaves me the Bear to fall back on or the bus as the last result.

I have no urge to go back to London or to resume my mini tours, well not at the moment anyway. Happy being here in my little home. Cornwall suits me fine. Now used to the slow pace now. Happy with the lack of pollution, clayed Leafy last week and no black deposits in the clay. Had I been in London the clay would have been black.
Found a cracking butchers selling meat straight from the farm. Lovely greengrocers a nd a bakery on the same site.

Thanks for reading, and definitely not going back.................................

onen hag oll
Old 9th March 2019, 12:57   #290
pbaker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI SE + MG ZS

Thumbs up saltash

Hi Bob, well u cannot say ur having a boring life in Saltash. glad to see ur getting over ur hospital trip, u cant keep a good man down for long!. its always an amusing read [apart from the serious stuff] when u come online.
pbaker is offline   Reply With Quote