Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th February 2019, 14:14   #1
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Default Finding Parts For Our Cars

Numerous time I have read on here that's it's difficult to get this part or they are no longer available.
I am guilty of this myself, asking where I can get this or that or buying second hand, which sometimes isn't the best thing to do.

All you need is the MG Rover part number and enter that into Google followed by the word equivalent

For example: lhg100750 equivalent

This is the crankshaft pulley damper and it brings up a whole host of posts with either the exact match or the equivalent part.

Many parts fit numerous makes of cars, as it's not often that a part is unique to that one vehicle only.

Last edited by Neil1; 25th February 2019 at 14:14.. Reason: spelling
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 15:13   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Numerous time I have read on here that's it's difficult to get this part or they are no longer available.
I am guilty of this myself, asking where I can get this or that or buying second hand, which sometimes isn't the best thing to do.

All you need is the MG Rover part number and enter that into Google followed by the word equivalent

For example: lhg100750 equivalent

This is the crankshaft pulley damper and it brings up a whole host of posts with either the exact match or the equivalent part.

Many parts fit numerous makes of cars, as it's not often that a part is unique to that one vehicle only.
There is a parts alternative thread that pops up every so often. Sometimes with interesting alternatives (I think track rods ends are same as a certain sharan model as on example). Try searching for 'the interchangeable parts thread '. It is an interesting read and reassuring sometimes) .

Just to add,sometimes by adding L to the end of the mgr part number, will give you the land rover part number equivalent which quite often is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 16:21   #3
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
There is a parts alternative thread that pops up every so often. Sometimes with interesting alternatives (I think track rods ends are same as a certain sharan model as on example). Try searching for 'the interchangeable parts thread '. It is an interesting read and reassuring sometimes) .

Just to add,sometimes by adding L to the end of the mgr part number, will give you the land rover part number equivalent which quite often is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Yes, I know there is but many of the parts I am after aren't listed.

I spend hours searching for bits I need, the most elusive being sports shock absorbers for my ZT-T which you can't get.

This was just something that I have used to find bits and I thought others might like the information.

My car is a Press Car but on entering my reg number into the Computers in Halfords for example it says my headlights are Halogens which is incorrect as they are proper Xenons.
So may things on it are different from a normal Tourer.

Last edited by Neil1; 25th February 2019 at 16:24.. Reason: added extra information
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote