Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th January 2019, 16:10   #11
Johndregg

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Avoid this garage. Your question has already been answered in this post.. Use the aforementioned traders to deal with it as they 100% know what they are doing.
After searching for the 160 upgrade on this site I’m now searching for a car to borrow while I get my ecu sent off. Will keep you all updated.
Johndregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 16:24   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndregg View Post
After searching for the 160 upgrade on this site I’m now searching for a car to borrow while I get my ecu sent off. Will keep you all updated.
With special delivery, if the ECM wa posted on Monday for sake of argument, you would be back in business by Wednesday

Just out of interest was it Ards Rover and Mini Centre?

Technically speaking if having an XPower upgrade performed, then a special diagnostic disc must be ordered for the car DXT0002W, and the unlock code, as it is VIN specific.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 17:17   #13
Johndregg

Rover 75 tourer

Smile

Not going to name the garage as I only spoke to someone on the phone, don’t know how busy they were, if they actually had any knowledge about the upgrade or were just answering the phone. Will see what the reply to the mail says. But I think I’m going to get the 160 done by post when I can get all my ducks in a row so to speak. I’m guessing Brian or russ are the boys to talk to?
Johndregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 22:39   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Not going to name the garage as I only spoke to someone on the phone, don’t know how busy they were, if they actually had any knowledge about the upgrade or were just answering the phone. Will see what the reply to the mail says. But I think I’m going to get the 160 done by post when I can get all my ducks in a row so to speak. I’m guessing Brian or russ are the boys to talk to?
they are indeed

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 11:00   #15
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Called a local rover workshop today who offer the Xpower upgrade. When I asked what was involved I was told that they would need my car for a couple of days and that new parts would need to be added as well as the software in the ECU.
When I asked what these parts were and how much it was all going to cost he told me to use google. Got very vague.
Could someone else enlighten me? As I’ve been left with a distinctly dodgy feeling about the whole thing.
I have the 160 upgrade on my car, you will definitely notice the difference.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 12:00   #16
billjo
Passed Away

Rover 75 tourer club se

Thumbs up X-Power up grade

Approximately 2 years ago Marina Brian came to the Northwest to attend a meeting. While he was here he offered a 160 upgrade to anyone who wanted it
I cannot remember the price,but I do remember quite a number of people had the 160 upgrade, me included. Everyone had there ECU removed,and Brian performed his magic on each ECU,it seemed to take a matter of minutes,to do each one. Roughly 20 to 30 minutes each one. as I say I cannot remember the price, but I do remember the drive home, the 160 upgrade totally transformed
my car, whatever it cost it was worth every penny. Get the 160 upgrade done on you'r car you will not regret it. billjo
billjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 15:09   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I had 2 cdt 75s, both had the 160 upgrade, preceded by the 131 upgrade, both done by Brian. It made the car much more responsive, and better on the fuel. . Beware of cheap imitation upgrades available from the likes of the on line auction site etc. Only the traders from this site have the OFFICIAL program.
Old 29th January 2019, 15:11   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjo View Post
Approximately 2 years ago Marina Brian came to the Northwest to attend a meeting. While he was here he offered a 160 upgrade to anyone who wanted it
I cannot remember the price,but I do remember quite a number of people had the 160 upgrade, me included. Everyone had there ECU removed,and Brian performed his magic on each ECU,it seemed to take a matter of minutes,to do each one. Roughly 20 to 30 minutes each one. as I say I cannot remember the price, but I do remember the drive home, the 160 upgrade totally transformed
my car, whatever it cost it was worth every penny. Get the 160 upgrade done on you'r car you will not regret it. billjo
Blimey I'd forgotten about that one, it's almost six years ago .......as I recall all of the proceeds were split up between two charities, one beneficiary was the St Andrews Hospice in Airdrie that had helped Tam "Rotrex" Leek in his final days, the other was something Rich17865 had chosen, The Multiple Sclerosis Society in memory I believe of Scouse Eric.

Of course all traders give their time for free that day

Video HERE

Brian

Last edited by marinabrian; 29th January 2019 at 15:21.. Reason: Added a youtube link
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 18:57   #19
billjo
Passed Away

Rover 75 tourer club se

Default X-Power up grade

Almost six years ago " ? ". And here I was thinking it was only a couple of years ago, how time flies. Any way I stand by my original statement,it transformed the car and was worth every penny. Many thank's Brian, you'r 160
upgrade is remarkably good,in so many ways.
Thank you. billjo
billjo is offline   Reply With Quote