Notices

Old 8th August 2014, 19:23   #21
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

You cant beat that era of triumphs.
Very well designed and lovely to ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ds.jpg (101.0 KB, 18 views)
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 18:53   #22
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

hope you pass your test and have many years of happy riding ahead of you!
i just did the opposite though, i sold my bike to get an mgf!! ive been riding for nearly 20 years, had all sorts of bikes from a 1955 bsa bantam, through harleys, vmaxs, and various others, ending with a kawasaki zx9r and a honda vtr1000.
i loved the ninja, so powerful!! (160mph wheelie on the creg ny baa straight on the isle of man last year when i hit a bump!! )
but i found myself using the bike less and less, and thought whats the point of having it in the garden under the cover and not using it.
so i sold up, got a little mgf to complement my 190, i can use it to commute to work and save putting the miles on the zt, and i can still have a bit of fun on the back roads!
ill prob go back to a bike in the future, its in my blood and i love them, i just needed a break to fall back in love!!
the triumphs are great bikes, nice and smooth, and handle the british roads well. i had a 955 sprint, lovely noise on open pipes!!
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:02   #23
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
You cant beat that era of triumphs.
Very well designed and lovely to ride.
Wow that Daytona is a beauty - Nice custom seat too

Done about 150 miles so far, I'm absolutely loving it. I can't fault the bike, although I have found a few little niggly bits to work on over the winter.

The torque is amazing, and its just lovely to ride. I commuted to work on it today and arrived at work with a big grin on my face, helped by being able to park in the office underground car park with the big wigs rather than a public car park. Certainly a nice perk.
My project thread HERE
MG Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:04   #24
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
hope you pass your test and have many years of happy riding ahead of you!
i just did the opposite though, i sold my bike to get an mgf!! ive been riding for nearly 20 years, had all sorts of bikes from a 1955 bsa bantam, through harleys, vmaxs, and various others, ending with a kawasaki zx9r and a honda vtr1000.
i loved the ninja, so powerful!! (160mph wheelie on the creg ny baa straight on the isle of man last year when i hit a bump!! )
but i found myself using the bike less and less, and thought whats the point of having it in the garden under the cover and not using it.
so i sold up, got a little mgf to complement my 190, i can use it to commute to work and save putting the miles on the zt, and i can still have a bit of fun on the back roads!
ill prob go back to a bike in the future, its in my blood and i love them, i just needed a break to fall back in love!!
the triumphs are great bikes, nice and smooth, and handle the british roads well. i had a 955 sprint, lovely noise on open pipes!!
Fair play.

I lover little convertible roadsters too, had a couple of MX5s in my time. I'd like an MGF one day, probably an early VVC.

Even my Sprint Exec has a lovely burble on the standard pipes, and a nice bit of popping and crackling on the overrun. Nothing antisocial, just a nice sporty note. I love it!
My project thread HERE
MG Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 17:51   #25
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Don't know if you'll be interested, but there's a bike show just down the road at Brackley this coming Sunday. I've not been before but hope to make it this year, it's supposed to be quite good.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 22:45   #26
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

I've been to the brackley show for the last two years, brilliant day out. They have some lovely custom and classic bikes on show and plenty to look at!
Old 12th August 2014, 12:01   #27
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

You may well see me there, mine will likely be the only Buell there, and almost certainly the only Buell Firebolt. Hopefully the weather will be ok.
Old 13th August 2014, 21:08   #28
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

I do like buells, I can't wait til the upcoming ebr bikes get out! Great looking bikes!
Might see you there!
Old 13th August 2014, 23:07   #29
wolfman

rover 75 tourer

Good to hear you passed and are enjoying your new toy. I to am into bikes and have been since I was a youngster. Apart from my rover 75 CDTi Tourer, I have 2 CBR 1000f Honda's and a 1500 Goldwing.
After 34 years of riding I still get that big grin after a ride, it never goes away even if it rains. Enjoy it matey and keep the black stuff underneath and you the right side up. Ride free brother
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014, 09:56   #30
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
I do like buells, I can't wait til the upcoming ebr bikes get out! Great looking bikes!
Might see you there!
You're in luck, Northants V-Twin will be there with a new EBR1190RX, the first 1's are going to a dealer in Scotland very soon. The 1190SX, a naked version of the RX is also being released soon. The RX is £14,000 and the SX £11400...

If you like Buells, there's hopefully going to be a meet at jacks hill cafe on the A43 at towcester in September, which I'm sure you'd be welcome at....