Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th July 2014, 11:35   #391
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

spot on 75tourerSE

heres last nights progress then

sorry some photos are dark it was quite late
old vs new, the old looks bigger bit its not because the new cooler is alot deeper

only thing left to do now is all my internal joints need to be flaired on the ends so hopefully i wont have any blowing off under boost, and then the cars not far form being back on the road, i cant wait, driveing the 260 around really is puting a hole in my wallet
Old 19th July 2014, 17:00   #392
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

a nother update

i was going to use T bolt clamps for the install but due to me ordering the worng size and it being a week end so i cant get them any where local, and i need the car back on the road for monday, so i have been forced to use jubilee clips for the time being, i just hope i dont have a boost hose blow off, but when i get time they will be changed

i hope these photos help any one who wants to do this install, i will also list all parts that where bort
Old 21st July 2014, 16:35   #393
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

note to self when annoyed when your car brakes down, dont push it in to the garage and in to a shelf did that after the rad and blowen up

so this is next on my list to get sorted

so now that the car is all back on the road agin, and after driveing the ZTT 260 around for 3 weeks,witch i have now got a massive soft spot for that big old v8 and wish i could drive it more they really are grate cars and you have to drive one for a while to really understand what they are about,so both deserved a well earned bath

soaking in snow foam

and a photo of what the intercooler looks like behind the bumper nice and stelth the only thing that lets you know something is there is the silver clips

the car now feels alot more lively with a new turbo and intercooler and i now seam to be getting alot more boost lower down in the rev range, this is maby due to the new turbo though so next is to get it run on the dyno agin to see if it makes any more power, my intake temps are definitely lower useing the android phone app

Old 21st July 2014, 20:02   #394
GeraintUK
Passed Away

MG ZT-T 160

nice job. it looks familiar

I'd been looking for a bigger one in new build but tbh, I just couldn't get any more airflow without some serious carnage on the front bumper so going to stick with the same setup for now and see what happens to the air temps.
Next upgrade might then have to be charge cooling but it's a pain to plumb in and water injection is another thing to go wrong when relying upon it most.

I am however having my pipes all remade and welded up so only silicone joiners where absolutely necessary. Might get another set made at same time as the route you've fed is identical to mine (no other real options).
GeraintUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 20:09   #395
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

ibwas thinking about a future project of maby useing a v6 washer bottle as it fixes to the other side any way and then direct the water to spray on the intercooler of a button, I wonder if it would make any effect or not as the water would really be what ever the ambient air temp is, but when it hits the intercooler with air flow going across it would it cool it any more then the air or not?
Old 21st July 2014, 22:16   #396
GeraintUK
Passed Away

MG ZT-T 160

well they did fit intercooler sprays to some of the imprezzas. Guess it would bring down temps but not sure how practical it is day to day.

Chargecooling is fit res tank and it never actually goes down, just pumps and recirculates in it's core between intercooler and throttle body so it's the closest to fit and forget.

Water injection I used to run on my 620Ti race setup and it certainly does work, but I can't be bothered faffing about with a seperate controller to manage it as it's another thing that's proportional to boost and it was better on methanol than water so very much a track day thing I found.

Be interesting to see what temps come back from yours and mine on it's new blower. I certainly saw a 15-20 degree temp drop like for like after fitting that new intercooler which as you say is smaller, but thicker and the core design is much more efficient.

Like it in black I must say,,,,very stealthy
Old 21st July 2014, 22:29   #397
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

what was the exact size you fitted to yours as I think we may have the same size fitted?
Old 21st July 2014, 23:39   #398
GeraintUK
Passed Away

MG ZT-T 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbmx_69 View Post
what was the exact size you fitted to yours as I think we may have the same size fitted?
most likely is identical. can't get to mine at present, i've a rather large stockpile of parts as you can imagine from pretty much complete mechanical stripdown, even bits of my new engine are sat in the back of the tourer as the garage is overflowing so i've taken to external storage crates in the interim

Old 22nd July 2014, 13:44   #399
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

Nice work done recently Dan, top stuff.

One thing I'd suggest is to keep an eye on the silicone coolant hoses, where I'd been a little sloppy with the cutting they had been weeping ever so slightly / wicking through the mesh. Easily avoided by cutting cleanly of course!

My car has gone now, gutted doesn't begin to describe it.
My project thread HERE
MG Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:25   #400
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Tom View Post
Nice work done recently Dan, top stuff.

One thing I'd suggest is to keep an eye on the silicone coolant hoses, where I'd been a little sloppy with the cutting they had been weeping ever so slightly / wicking through the mesh. Easily avoided by cutting cleanly of course!

My car has gone now, gutted doesn't begin to describe it.
Thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on mine